Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's All Gone!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's All Gone!!!!

    I have somehow managed to mess up my two ultra_view_status pages they now do not show any devices at all, follow the link below and take a look at either the System Info Page or the Device Quickview page, and you will get nothing?

    Not sure what I have removed or changed, so I went back to a backup of my HTML folder but still nothing?

    I have checked that the correct div's are being called and have checked that they are calling the correct xsl files but still nothing.

    Anybody please help!!
    Lance

  • #2
    Try updating redownloading the MSXML sp2 from here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

    Something probably overwrote some MDAC settings dealing with XML services.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      No joy I'm affraid, re-installed and re-booted but to no avail?
      Lance

      Comment


      • #4
        Have now tried replacing most of the Ultra View files but again to no avail, anybody have anymore ideas?

        Ultra?
        Lance

        Comment


        • #5
          One other thing to try is re-installing your MDAC files.

          http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/mdac/...s/default.aspx
          If your running XP you could try to "roll back" to a date just prior to the problem time.
          Lastly try doing a repair on your HS install.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Rupp - Have tried the MDAC install and a roll back but nothing, how do I do a HS repair and what will I lose?
            Lance

            Comment


            • #7
              To repair HS go Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. Then select HS and when it goes to the second or third screen one of the options is to repair your install. I would back up my entire HS folder just in case of overwritten files but I think it leaves user settings alone.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Done, it reset my whole web page back to the standard HS colours, but still nothing?
                Lance

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wow,
                  I'm out of ideas. What caused all of this? Did you upgrade HS? A new security fix? You should be able to move in your style.css from the backup to fix the colors scheme.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did you happen to add or change one of your sections on your UltraView pages?
                    The reason I ask is that I have had this happen to me in the past when I added a section or changed the title on a section. Sometimes it seems like UV doesn't like certain words or names because when you use an alternate it works fine.
                    Here is a thread with a similar issue
                    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...ra+add+section
                    Last edited by hhnew; May 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Rupp - Yep you and me too, I upgraded to HS 1.7.43 as soon as it came out and I'm sure that these pages were working until now. Not sure however on the security fixes as my HS server is set to downlowd and install automatically without any intervention.

                      hhnew - Thanks for the suggestion, I went through some of this pain when I first set up UltraView but I havent made any real changes for a few months now.

                      Back to the drawing board I guess?
                      Lance

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Mine broke sometime today...


                        The 'only' thing I did was to change some devices to use hs.DeviceValuesAdd and hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd.

                        The debugging I've done seems to show that 'LoadDiv' is not returning anything. My knowledge of XSL is just enough to edit the .xsl files for new tables in the html page, but that's all.

                        Does this ring any bells?

                        You can see what I mean here: http://big.bounceme.net:8080

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          9 times out of 10 when XSLT isn't working it's the XSLT processor that is delieved with the MSXL processor. I wonder if one of the latest Microsoft security patches is broken?
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Firtha - Mine is slightly different but same net result, my pages seem to be keeping the size of the tables, but no info like yours.

                            Rupp - If that is the case I would guess that there may be quite a few more posts in this thread? As and when people update thier PC's.

                            I have to say that I'm quite fanatical about keeping all my PC's up to date.

                            I have today started to write my pages in asp to get over this problem.
                            Lance

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, I'm happy, though mystified....

                              When I tried the page this morning, it worked again. And it's kept working.

                              This bugs me... I guess I'll keep an eye on it, and see if and what makes it break again...


                              (PS: I didn't touch anything! No reboot, not even a re-login!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X