No announcement yet.

It's All Gone!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultra View2 web pages rely on XML, XSL and other client side scripts. The first thing you need to check is to ensure the underlying XML/XSL files don't contain invalid characters that can cause the XML to fail to load.

From your HomeSeer PC:
    1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://127.0.0.1/ultra_view2_xml.vbs
    2. Doubleclick all the ultra*.xsl files in the HomeSeer HTML directory.

For each test above, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to ensure no XML errors are reported. If there are errors, it will provide enough detail for you to correct the error.

If they all load fine, then we have to do other testing...

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks Ultra had an "&" in one of my devices which it didn't like, removed it and the whole thing works again!!!!

Thanks
      Lance

Comment

Ultra - It's happened again, I have just installed HS Phone and the PCI Modem if it makes a difference and I cant get that to work either?

When I try your suggestions above again I get this error when browsing to Ultra_View2_xml.vbs

Script Error:
        5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Left' in line 300

The .xsl files do not give me any error's when double clicked.

Any clues?
        Lance

Comment

Lance,
          It sound like you are still having XML processing problems. The other thread for phone book look up involves parsing XML files. Do you have some type of virus detection software that is corrupting your XML parser? What browser are you using? Some browsers like FireFox have been know to corrupt the Microsoft XML parser and cause problems like your seeing. I would suggest re-loading the MSXML parser yet again and see if that fixes it. I believe something on your machine is overwriting your parser.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp - Will reload the MSXML again.

I'm currently using IE6 and on my HS machine I have McAfee VirusScan installed and Spyware Doctor.
            Lance

Comment

Rupp - You are a genius, that has fixed the UltraView problem, will test HSP as soon as I can.

Should I change anything else to stop this happening again.

EDIT - Unfortunatly this has not fixed the HSP problem but will continue that conversation in the other thread
              Last edited by lancenorton; June 7, 2005, 07:27 AM.
              Lance

Comment

Working...
              X