Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lancenorton
    replied
    Rupp - You are a genius, that has fixed the UltraView problem, will test HSP as soon as I can.

Should I change anything else to stop this happening again.

EDIT - Unfortunatly this has not fixed the HSP problem but will continue that conversation in the other thread
    Last edited by lancenorton; June 7th, 2005, 07:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Rupp - Will reload the MSXML again.

I'm currently using IE6 and on my HS machine I have McAfee VirusScan installed and Spyware Doctor.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Lance,
    It sound like you are still having XML processing problems. The other thread for phone book look up involves parsing XML files. Do you have some type of virus detection software that is corrupting your XML parser? What browser are you using? Some browsers like FireFox have been know to corrupt the Microsoft XML parser and cause problems like your seeing. I would suggest re-loading the MSXML parser yet again and see if that fixes it. I believe something on your machine is overwriting your parser.

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Ultra - It's happened again, I have just installed HS Phone and the PCI Modem if it makes a difference and I cant get that to work either?

When I try your suggestions above again I get this error when browsing to Ultra_View2_xml.vbs

Script Error:
    5:Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Left' in line 300

The .xsl files do not give me any error's when double clicked.

Any clues?

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Thanks Ultra had an "&" in one of my devices which it didn't like, removed it and the whole thing works again!!!!

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    The Ultra View2 web pages rely on XML, XSL and other client side scripts. The first thing you need to check is to ensure the underlying XML/XSL files don't contain invalid characters that can cause the XML to fail to load.

From your HomeSeer PC:
    1. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to http://127.0.0.1/ultra_view2_xml.vbs
    2. Doubleclick all the ultra*.xsl files in the HomeSeer HTML directory.

For each test above, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to ensure no XML errors are reported. If there are errors, it will provide enough detail for you to correct the error.

If they all load fine, then we have to do other testing...

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• firtha
    replied
    Well, I'm happy, though mystified....

When I tried the page this morning, it worked again. And it's kept working.

This bugs me... I guess I'll keep an eye on it, and see if and what makes it break again...

(PS: I didn't touch anything! No reboot, not even a re-login!)

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Firtha - Mine is slightly different but same net result, my pages seem to be keeping the size of the tables, but no info like yours.

Rupp - If that is the case I would guess that there may be quite a few more posts in this thread? As and when people update thier PC's.

I have to say that I'm quite fanatical about keeping all my PC's up to date.

I have today started to write my pages in asp to get over this problem.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    9 times out of 10 when XSLT isn't working it's the XSLT processor that is delieved with the MSXL processor. I wonder if one of the latest Microsoft security patches is broken?

Leave a comment:

• firtha
    replied
    Mine broke sometime today...

The 'only' thing I did was to change some devices to use hs.DeviceValuesAdd and hs.DeviceValuesGraphicsAdd.

The debugging I've done seems to show that 'LoadDiv' is not returning anything. My knowledge of XSL is just enough to edit the .xsl files for new tables in the html page, but that's all.

Does this ring any bells?

You can see what I mean here: http://big.bounceme.net:8080

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Rupp - Yep you and me too, I upgraded to HS 1.7.43 as soon as it came out and I'm sure that these pages were working until now. Not sure however on the security fixes as my HS server is set to downlowd and install automatically without any intervention.

hhnew - Thanks for the suggestion, I went through some of this pain when I first set up UltraView but I havent made any real changes for a few months now.

Back to the drawing board I guess?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Did you happen to add or change one of your sections on your UltraView pages?
    The reason I ask is that I have had this happen to me in the past when I added a section or changed the title on a section. Sometimes it seems like UV doesn't like certain words or names because when you use an alternate it works fine.
    Here is a thread with a similar issue
    http://forums.homeseer.com/showthrea...ra+add+section
    Last edited by hhnew; May 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Wow,
    I'm out of ideas. What caused all of this? Did you upgrade HS? A new security fix? You should be able to move in your style.css from the backup to fix the colors scheme.

Leave a comment:

• lancenorton
    replied
    Done, it reset my whole web page back to the standard HS colours, but still nothing?

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    To repair HS go Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove programs. Then select HS and when it goes to the second or third screen one of the options is to repair your install. I would back up my entire HS folder just in case of overwritten files but I think it leaves user settings alone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X