Clear All

UltraView2 for HomeSeer2 - Feature Requests

UltraView2 for HomeSeer2:

<LI> Written in VB.Net 2003.
    <LI> All 100% managed code.
    <LI> Client side code was re-written.
    <LI> Configuration tool was re-written.

Description:

Ultra View2 is an add on to HomeSeers web interface. Ultra View2 provides "at a glance" status for all your HomeSeer devices. You provide your own home's floor plan views or pictures, then specify the X and Y coordinates and floor you want the device icon displayed on. You can then click on the icon to turn on or off a device (depending on the device type).

Issues Not Yet Resolved:
    <LI> I have a Helpdesk ticket opened to help resolve an issue preventing me from releasing UltraView2.

UltraView2 is about 90% complete. I would like to know what other features you would like to see.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; January 1, 2006, 11:27 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

I don't know if it can or can't do these things, but I would like to...

1) Send IR via button on a page.
    2) Set a value rather than a status on a device.
    3) Have the value displayed in a tooltip or similar when hovered.
    4) Place device "text" in a location on the screen and have it refresh when the devices text changes.
    5) Have some sort of pop-up window over the top for messages via script or device text change.

I might be able to help with HS2 issues, I've had a bunch myself from the plugin side of things. PM me if you like.

Jon

Originally posted by Ultrajones
    UltraView2 for HomeSeer2:

<li> Written in VB.Net 2003.
    <li> All 100% managed code.
    <li> Client side code was re-written.
    <li> Configuration tool was re-written.

Description:

Ultra View2 is an add on to HomeSeers web interface. Ultra View2 provides "at a glance" status for all your HomeSeer devices. You provide your own home's floor plan views or pictures, then specify the X and Y coordinates and floor you want the device icon displayed on. You can then click on the icon to turn on or off a device (depending on the device type).

Issues Not Yet Resolved:
    <li> I have a Helpdesk ticket opened to help resolve an issue preventing me from releasing UltraView2.

UltraView2 is about 90% complete. I would like to know what other features you would like to see.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Would be nice to have ..

- multiple icons per housecode (I have several lamps al having the same housecode and hs doesn't like multiple devices with the same housecode)
      - device button which gives the recent entries in ultralog for that device

and a not so ultraview one
      - adding an icon which results in a activating configurable iframe with a link to external pages. ( two ideas, one is showing the streamed content of a webcam when the icon is activated the other is showing a onscreen remote from an IR control)

Ronald

Comment

Originally posted by Schaap
        - multiple icons per housecode (I have several lamps al having the same housecode and hs doesn't like multiple devices with the same housecode)
        Really? I have quite a few devices that share house codes. It's run pretty solid for over a year..

Rog

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
          I don't know if it can or can't do these things, but I would like to...

1) Send IR via button on a page.
          2) Set a value rather than a status on a device.
          3) Have the value displayed in a tooltip or similar when hovered.
          4) Place device "text" in a location on the screen and have it refresh when the devices text changes.
          5) Have some sort of pop-up window over the top for messages via script or device text change.

I might be able to help with HS2 issues, I've had a bunch myself from the plugin side of things. PM me if you like.

Jon
          Jon,

I believe everything you requested is possible. I'll begin to look at your requests after HomeSeer Tech figures out the current issue I reported.

The client side scripts parse XML sent from the ASPX webpage then uses DHTML to dynamically update the page elements. The following XML is returned for each HomeSeer device that is not marked as hidden:

PHP Code:
          <DEVICE ID="deva5025" CODE="[8" STATUS="17" VALUE="1" TIME="1196" MISC="0" CDIM="False" LAST="9/22/2005 11:17:30 PM">
            <
          ICON X="450" Y="149" Z="0" F="0" /> 
            <
          NAME>Tivo-2</NAME
            <
          STRING>
             <![
          CDATATivo OnLine  ]]> 
            </
          STRING>
            <
          LOCATION>Basement</LOCATION
            <
          TYPE>Tivo</TYPE
          </
          DEVICE
          Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Schaap
            This is possible now. The device icon placement is done using the device reference # and not the device code.

- device button which gives the recent entries in ultralog for that device
            and a not so ultraview one
            Ah, very good idea. I like it :-)

- adding an icon which results in a activating configurable iframe with a link to external pages. ( two ideas, one is showing the streamed content of a webcam when the icon is activated the other is showing a onscreen remote from an IR control)
            Ronald
            I like this idea as well. I have several networked devices that have their own web config page. Would be cool to launch their web page in a popup window.

Great suggestions, thanks!

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

I like this idea as well. I have several networked devices that have their own web config page. Would be cool to launch their web page in a popup window.
              I cheated on this one and created a table around the whole thing and made UltraView just one cell of the table. I have four cell running java-based webcam streams (one at 640x480), a cell that simply links out to the NOAA radar image (brute-forced refreshed using a meta refresh tag.. also clears pesky locked webcam streams) and a cell for hard-coded buttons to other pages (currently one to move the camera streams around to get the desired one to the 640x480 cell, and the other one to bring the stream in the 640x480 slot to full screen). Not very pretty behind the scenes (what can I say.. I was in a hurry), but it works. Being disabled, it's nice to see at a glance who's at the front porch and watch the kids on the trampoline from the comfort of my own bed. I've actually have 4 dedicated control points running in the house now.. kitchen, office, den and my bedroom. All but one of them are obsolete computers chunked together from old parts running XP. It doesn't take much to make a web browser, a PII400 will run all 4 of the streams at 1 frame every 2 seconds and still allow UltraView to update every 2 seconds with guick interactive response (of course, being able to come in with Linux would be even faster, but that's a different story ). The last one is an old 500Mhz laptop for the den.. just 'cause of its LCD's "ooh" factor. I really want to replace the other 17" monitors with LCDs before upgrading any of the remote computers. Gotta have that "ooh" factor, ya know? I can't wait 'till I can push the sound out to the remotes with HS2, but I'm not going without UltraView.

That brings up a suggestion.. it would be nice to not have to push the floorplan out with each refresh (for that matter, the same for unchanged icons). I love the semi-real-time feel of a 2-second refresh.. so the less data passed, the better. I'd love a 1-second refresh but can't get it with HS 1.7, even on a PIII 750 via gigabit. Maybe with 2.0..

Did I mention that I love UltraView?

Comment

update on ultraview and hs2

I was just looking at when this might be out

thank you for your great work

Comment

Update requested

Is there any update on when this awesome plugin (Ultraview2) will be available for HS 2.0?

Comment

I have an open ticket with HomeSeer2 regarding running ASP.Net webpages. Running UltraView2 in an ASP.Net webpage crashes HomeSeer2 in about 24 hours.

Comment

I have an open ticket with HomeSeer2 regarding running ASP.Net webpages. Running UltraView2 in an ASP.Net webpage crashes HomeSeer2 in about 24 hours.
                      Isn't THAT lovely..

Comment

I'm so excited for this plugin, I sure hope they fix this problem soon so you can release it!
                        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

best design software

I had wanted to use this plugin in 1.7 but I ran out of time and 2.0 was coming so I did not want to invest a lot of time into it. I am excited about the new version but I was wondering what is the best design software so that I can create my floor plan while I wait the new version??

Thanks

Mike

Comment

Background floorplan

Ultrajones,

You know how I like to have near realtime updates (remember the code that checks for updates)? Well, one of the things that bothered me is that sometimes refreshes did not redraw the floorplan correctly (half the house, no house at all, etc.).. even though I shrunk it to a jpg. I got around this problem by actually making the html background my floorplan and then having UltraView just send a blank gif during refreshes. Granted, I only have one floor, but this seems easily doable with multiple floors.

Without it having to draw the floorplan every update, the updates appear much smoother.. virtually seamless. Even over the gigabit, there was always that little flash when the floorplan updated..
                            Rog

Comment

Originally posted by crypto1701
                              Ultrajones,

You know how I like to have near realtime updates (remember the code that checks for updates)? Well, one of the things that bothered me is that sometimes refreshes did not redraw the floorplan correctly (half the house, no house at all, etc.).. even though I shrunk it to a jpg. I got around this problem by actually making the html background my floorplan and then having UltraView just send a blank gif during refreshes. Granted, I only have one floor, but this seems easily doable with multiple floors.

Without it having to draw the floorplan every update, the updates appear much smoother.. virtually seamless. Even over the gigabit, there was always that little flash when the floorplan updated..
                              Rog
                              When I redesigned the code, I saw (and corrected) this issue. I never noticed it because my floorplan gif images were small.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X