• Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraStatus for HomeSeer2 - Feature Requests

HSPI UltraView for HomeSeer2
    • Written in VB.Net 2003.
    • All 100% managed code.

UltraStatus Features:
    • UltraStatus HSPI allows you to change the devicestring of HomeSeer devices as they change status.
    • Ability to specify an unlimited number of rules.
    • Debuging output.

Example Usage:

Example #1
    You have a HomeSeer device that tracks the status of your garage door when the "G7 X10" code is received. Using this plug-in, you can define a rule that changes the devicestring to "Door Open" when "G7 X10 On" is received or "Door Closed" when the "G7 X10 Off" is received. HomeSeer will then attempt to display the image "dooropen.gif" or "doorclosed.gif" based on the value of the devicestring. Using this plug-in, you would define a new rule as follows:

Rule Name: "Garage Door"
    On String: "Door Open"
    Off String: "Door Closed"
    Other: "Unknown"
    Rule Active: "True"
    Device Codes: (You would then select the device code G7)

Example #2
    You want to have all your applicance modules to display "moduleon.gif" or "moduleoff.gif" based on their status. Using this plug-in, you would define a new rule as follows:

Rule Name: "Modules"
    On String: "Module On"
    Off String: "Module Off"
    Device Codes: (You would then select the device codes of all your appliance modules.)

This plugin is about 95% complete. I would like to know what other features you would like to see in this plugin.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ultrajones; January 1, 2006, 11:24 AM. Reason: Thread Closed
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Another screenshot:
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

User Specified GIF ?

Originally posted by Ultrajones
      Example #1
      You have a HomeSeer device that tracks the status of your garage door when the "G7 X10" code is received. Using this plug-in, you can define a rule that changes the devicestring to "Door Open" when "G7 X10 On" is received or "Door Closed" when the "G7 X10 Off" is received. HomeSeer will then attempt to display the image "dooropen.gif" or "doorclosed.gif" based on the value of the devicestring. Using this plug-in, you would define a new rule as follows:

Rule Name: "Garage Door"
      On String: "Door Open"
      Off String: "Door Closed"
      Device Codes: (You would then select the device code G7)
      UltraJones,

This has some interesting potential. I can see removing about 40 events by having my motions and dusk/dawn sensors change in 2 seperate entries .

However, in your example above, it identifies that it will use the dooropen.gif and doorclosed.gif which in most instances would be ok. But in regards to say the xmas tree, an ON condition I want as ON, but showing "swingingxmastree.gif".
      My outside xmas lights would be similar ON, should show "blinkingxmaslights.gif".

Could you add a gif box for custom gifs, as opposed to assuming the gif to use?

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I think you can get HomeSeer to display other images by specifying the HTML instead of just the text.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones
          Restart HomeSeer2 (restart may not be needed) and select Setup > Interfaces > UltraStatus.
          Restart is NOT needed, or at least for me it wasn't.
          Added in the files, accessed setup (twice), then it appeared. Activated it and voila!

the page to access it is http://127.0.0.1/status

Looking good.

Steven

Comment

Feaqture Request

Feature Request as mentioned above.

I have included a jpg to show the current configuration that I am up against, hence the reason for my request.
            The images are defaulted to search inside the \html\images directory, but I tend to dump some of my other images in other directorys to keep them more organized.

In this case, my "ON" status text is actually "ON" - but I do not want the "ON.Gif" but instead my "wavy xmas tree.gif".

Hope this helps,

Steven
            Attached Files

Comment

Suggestions

Great plugin. works fine on my set up. Running HS 2014.

1. you should be able to specify the names of the graphics files to be used.

2. Should be able to use with virtual, security and computer devices (codes that are generated by the AC RF, Doonetwork plugins). Maybe your device grid could be derived from the devices that you have defined in your setup. Similar to MCS Devicegrid.

3. Maybe a choice for color changes for the text.
              Thanks,

T.

Comment

This makes icons easy. One problem, when a device is on and dimmed, it is displayed as status "unknown". Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Thread Closed

UltraStatus and UltraView are now combined. Please see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109878

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Last edited by Ultrajones; January 1, 2006, 11:28 AM. Reason: Thread Closed

Comment

Working...
                  X