X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraView2 / UltraStatus HSPI [Test Version]

Release Status:
    A test version of UltraView2 / UltraStatus HSPI is now available. I am looking for feedback on what issue you experience in getting UltraView2 up and running.

Note: This test version will expire 1/1/2006. A non-test version will be release prior to the expire date.

Quick Start Documentation:
    http://www.wideopenwest.com/~ultrajo...ltrastatus.zip
    Note: It was created with Wink and it's about 7 MB in size.

If you're having problems, please post them in this thread. I may not have time to answer questions right way, so I hope that other using UltraView / UltraView2 HSPI can help answer some of them.

Feature Requests:
    1. Have ultraview2_config.aspx default to the first floor [DONE].
    2. Ability to specify the number of floors supported (e.g. basement, 1st floor, 2nd floor). <br>The floors are currently hard coded in ultraview2.txt and the configuration tool as (basement = floor_0.gif, 1st floor = floor_1.gif, 2nd floor = floor_2.gif)
    3. Ability to specify the image path instead of the default (e.g. /images/HomeSeer).

Known Issues:
    1. Back up your existing hspi_ultrastatus.xml file. If you following the quick start document, it will overwrite the existing hspi_ultrastatus.xml file. Sorry about that Steven...

Troubleshooting Hints:

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; January 1, 2006, 05:31 PM. Reason: Thread Closed
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Record your rules!

Caution!

If you had already installed and configured UltraStatus you may want to record the settings. When I installed this new version it overwrote the rules and hence I had to recreate them. Not sure, but maybe it was an oops on my end.

Steven

Comment

Hopefully these are two quick questions.

First, when I have someone on the WAN connect to my HS Ultraview2 page they get the graphic just fine but the "XML refresh failed." message shows up and you do not see any devices. Any thoughts? I had the other system setup as a trusted site.

Secondly, if someone keys in the ultraview2_config.aspx page they get into the setup. Any thoughts on how to lock this down?

Comment

Ultrajones,

The above link to the quickstart docs does not work, I tried editing it to your normal webpage http://www.wideopenwest.com/~ultrajones/ultrastatus.zip but it states there is no file

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn
          Ultrajones,

The above link to the quickstart docs does not work, I tried editing it to your normal webpage http://www.wideopenwest.com/~ultrajones/ultrastatus.zip but it states there is no file
          The download link was corrected.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ideas

I have installed and been running the ultraview plugin for a couple of days now and it seems to work great but two things.

The log window should be to the side instead of right on top of everything by default

And I have been trying to manualy add another floor with no luck it would be nice to be able specify how many floors you would like to use

Great plug in though Thanks ultrajones

Comment

hey, what happend to my post from this morning?

Comment

You mean the two posts you made to the quickstart documentation? I corrected the link in the original posting, then deleted (hid) the postings.

Comment

Ultrajones,

WOW.. possibly the best instructions yet nicely done.

I remember in the old Ultraview I had to manually edit the files to add devices.. is this the same in this version?

The reason I ask is when I try to config it it says its importing devices then says I dont have any...

I apoligise if this is the dummest question of 2005.. any help would be appreciated.

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn
                    Ultrajones,

WOW.. possibly the best instructions yet nicely done.

I remember in the old Ultraview I had to manually edit the files to add devices.. is this the same in this version?

The reason I ask is when I try to config it it says its importing devices then says I dont have any...

I apoligise if this is the dummest question of 2005.. any help would be appreciated.

TrOjAn
                    Did you try the troubleshooting hints listed in the original post? If not, please start there... if you continue to have trouble, please post a screenshot.

Comment

You mean the two posts you made to the quickstart documentation? I corrected the link in the original posting, then deleted (hid) the postings
                      yes thats it. thought i was going crazy when i checked later in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by polycron
                        Hopefully these are two quick questions.

First, when I have someone on the WAN connect to my HS Ultraview2 page they get the graphic just fine but the "XML refresh failed." message shows up and you do not see any devices. Any thoughts? I had the other system setup as a trusted site.
                        You don't need the other systems set up your HomeSeer server as trusted site, so that's not issue. Does it work locally?

Secondly, if someone keys in the ultraview2_config.aspx page they get into the setup. Any thoughts on how to lock this down?
                        I am not sure if HomeSeer 2 offers the ability to lock down an individual page. If anyone knows the answer, please post it.

Comment

One error so far, one clarification

Clarification to troubleshooting instructions:

For those of us that have our web server on a port other than 80, we have to put our port number in the links that UltraJones has provided in the first post.

My first error was similar to TrOjan, no devices found. I started looking at the XML and found that a device was created, UltraView status device with a code of &1. Evidently this is verboten in XML and it choked. I had to delete the device to get the XML to parse, and then I was able to load my devices.

Comment

Definitely a problem with the ampersand &amp;

After I got UltraView2 working (Thanks, UltraJones for all the hard work), I decided to try UltraMon.

I added my two Tivos, and got two new devices (&2 and &3) for the two tivo's.

However, seeing the dreaded ampersand in the house code, I immediatly tried to load the UltraView2 page and got the following error:

XML Refresh Failed.

Deleting the two & devices from the Homeseer device manager fixed the error, and UltraView2 is happy again.

Thought you'd like to know...

Comment

Load Failed but no &amp; in sight?

Hi,

On first configuration of the plugin, I'm getting 'Load Failed, no homeseer devices found'. After checking the HS status page I don't have any & devices but I do have the ones which start with the following;

# - Ultrastatus
                              A-z - Various X-10 and control devices
                              [ - Power status plugin
                              \ - DooMotion plugin
                              ] - Software security (W800 Plugin)
                              ^ - DooNetwork plugin
                              _- Hauppauge plugin (very flaky)
                              `- MCS Temp plugin

Rather than try and go through deleting, etc. can anyone confirm if these could be the problem?

Regards

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X