This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't want to generate configuration

When pushing the Generate Configuration button I get an error nr 429 - ActiveX componetn can't create object from the GenerateConfig() function.

The first part goes fine, Loading configuration status no problem, but it simply doesn't generate anything.

No error to find in the log files, where to start searching?

Comment

Originally posted by Schaap
      When pushing the Generate Configuration button I get an error nr 429 - ActiveX componetn can't create object from the GenerateConfig() function.

The first part goes fine, Loading configuration status no problem, but it simply doesn't generate anything.

No error to find in the log files, where to start searching?
      The solution is referenced in the Quick Start Documentation.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Fatlab
        Hi,

On first configuration of the plugin, I'm getting 'Load Failed, no homeseer devices found'. After checking the HS status page I don't have any & devices but I do have the ones which start with the following;

# - Ultrastatus
        A-z - Various X-10 and control devices
        [ - Power status plugin
        \ - DooMotion plugin
        ] - Software security (W800 Plugin)
        ^ - DooNetwork plugin
        _- Hauppauge plugin (very flaky)
        `- MCS Temp plugin

Rather than try and go through deleting, etc. can anyone confirm if these could be the problem?

Regards

Dave
        I don't think any of the house code listed would cause a problem. The only way to know for sure is to try each URL in the troubleshooting steps listed in the original post.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by snedecor
          After I got UltraView2 working (Thanks, UltraJones for all the hard work), I decided to try UltraMon.

I added my two Tivos, and got two new devices (&2 and &3) for the two tivo's.

However, seeing the dreaded ampersand in the house code, I immediatly tried to load the UltraView2 page and got the following error:

XML Refresh Failed.

Deleting the two & devices from the Homeseer device manager fixed the error, and UltraView2 is happy again.

Thought you'd like to know...
          Yep, the & signs are evil in XML. Sure wish HomeSeer provided the ability to exclude this & sign as a valid House Code I'll open a ticket with HomeSeer to see if there is a way to make HomeSeer not use "&" as a valid House Code.

Comment

Don't delete yet, try the troubleshooting tip in post #1

Originally posted by Fatlab
            Hi,

On first configuration of the plugin, I'm getting 'Load Failed, no homeseer devices found'. After checking the HS status page I don't have any & devices but I do have the ones which start with the following;

# - Ultrastatus
            A-z - Various X-10 and control devices
            [ - Power status plugin
            \ - DooMotion plugin
            ] - Software security (W800 Plugin)
            ^ - DooNetwork plugin
            _- Hauppauge plugin (very flaky)
            `- MCS Temp plugin

Rather than try and go through deleting, etc. can anyone confirm if these could be the problem?

Regards

Dave

Don't delete, yet!

Try the troubleshooting URL:

http://localhost/status?pg=xml_devices

A window will pop up with some XML in it, (a listing of each device, giving it's name, it's house and unit code, it's location, etc.)

When you get to the bottom, you will probably see an error. The window is very kind, pointing out the error, and even telling you how far over in the line is the offending little character.

I've had it choke on the degree symbol, and also had it choke on the ampersand & , both in the house code, and the device description. See which device it choked on, write all it's information down, and just delete that device. Then try the URL again and find and fix the next problem. When you've found the problem device, see if anything in the description, the location, the device type, ANYTHING, has the & or degree symbol, or anything but a-z and 0-9, and recreate the device without anything but alphanumeric and see if it helps.

When you see :

</DEVICEDATA> as the last line on that page, Voila!, you're done. You should now be able to load the devices into the configuration page.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones
              The solution is referenced in the Quick Start Documentation.
              Hmmm, I found the trouble maker. The quick Start Documentation didn't tell me to swicht of my Anti spyware monitor.
              Please add to your quick start that you have to swich off all security tools before starting the configuration tool.

Comment

It looks like I might have sorted it as it was honking over an & in the type field. I just assumed that the problem was only &'s in the House code.

Dave

Comment

Thread Closed

UltraStatus HSPI and UltraView are now combined. Please see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109878

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                  X