X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Thread Closed

UltraStatus HSPI and UltraView are now combined. Please see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109878

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    It looks like I might have sorted it as it was honking over an & in the type field. I just assumed that the problem was only &'s in the House code.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Schaap
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones
    The solution is referenced in the Quick Start Documentation.
    Hmmm, I found the trouble maker. The quick Start Documentation didn't tell me to swicht of my Anti spyware monitor.
    Please add to your quick start that you have to swich off all security tools before starting the configuration tool.

Leave a comment:

• snedecor
    replied
    Don't delete yet, try the troubleshooting tip in post #1

Originally posted by Fatlab
    Hi,

On first configuration of the plugin, I'm getting 'Load Failed, no homeseer devices found'. After checking the HS status page I don't have any & devices but I do have the ones which start with the following;

# - Ultrastatus
    A-z - Various X-10 and control devices
    [ - Power status plugin
    \ - DooMotion plugin
    ] - Software security (W800 Plugin)
    ^ - DooNetwork plugin
    _- Hauppauge plugin (very flaky)
    `- MCS Temp plugin

Rather than try and go through deleting, etc. can anyone confirm if these could be the problem?

Regards

Dave

Don't delete, yet!

Try the troubleshooting URL:

http://localhost/status?pg=xml_devices

A window will pop up with some XML in it, (a listing of each device, giving it's name, it's house and unit code, it's location, etc.)

When you get to the bottom, you will probably see an error. The window is very kind, pointing out the error, and even telling you how far over in the line is the offending little character.

I've had it choke on the degree symbol, and also had it choke on the ampersand & , both in the house code, and the device description. See which device it choked on, write all it's information down, and just delete that device. Then try the URL again and find and fix the next problem. When you've found the problem device, see if anything in the description, the location, the device type, ANYTHING, has the & or degree symbol, or anything but a-z and 0-9, and recreate the device without anything but alphanumeric and see if it helps.

When you see :

</DEVICEDATA> as the last line on that page, Voila!, you're done. You should now be able to load the devices into the configuration page.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by snedecor
    After I got UltraView2 working (Thanks, UltraJones for all the hard work), I decided to try UltraMon.

I added my two Tivos, and got two new devices (&2 and &3) for the two tivo's.

However, seeing the dreaded ampersand in the house code, I immediatly tried to load the UltraView2 page and got the following error:

XML Refresh Failed.

Deleting the two & devices from the Homeseer device manager fixed the error, and UltraView2 is happy again.

Thought you'd like to know...
    Yep, the & signs are evil in XML. Sure wish HomeSeer provided the ability to exclude this & sign as a valid House Code I'll open a ticket with HomeSeer to see if there is a way to make HomeSeer not use "&" as a valid House Code.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Fatlab
    Hi,

On first configuration of the plugin, I'm getting 'Load Failed, no homeseer devices found'. After checking the HS status page I don't have any & devices but I do have the ones which start with the following;

# - Ultrastatus
    [ - Power status plugin
    \ - DooMotion plugin
    ^ - DooNetwork plugin
    `- MCS Temp plugin

Rather than try and go through deleting, etc. can anyone confirm if these could be the problem?

Regards

Dave
    I don't think any of the house code listed would cause a problem. The only way to know for sure is to try each URL in the troubleshooting steps listed in the original post.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Schaap
    When pushing the Generate Configuration button I get an error nr 429 - ActiveX componetn can't create object from the GenerateConfig() function.

The first part goes fine, Loading configuration status no problem, but it simply doesn't generate anything.

No error to find in the log files, where to start searching?
    The solution is referenced in the Quick Start Documentation.

Leave a comment:

• Schaap
    replied
    Doesn't want to generate configuration

When pushing the Generate Configuration button I get an error nr 429 - ActiveX componetn can't create object from the GenerateConfig() function.

The first part goes fine, Loading configuration status no problem, but it simply doesn't generate anything.

No error to find in the log files, where to start searching?

Leave a comment:

• Fatlab
    replied
    Load Failed but no &amp; in sight?

Hi,

# - Ultrastatus
    [ - Power status plugin
    \ - DooMotion plugin
    ^ - DooNetwork plugin
    `- MCS Temp plugin

Regards

Dave

Leave a comment:

• snedecor
    replied
    Definitely a problem with the ampersand &amp;

After I got UltraView2 working (Thanks, UltraJones for all the hard work), I decided to try UltraMon.

I added my two Tivos, and got two new devices (&2 and &3) for the two tivo's.

However, seeing the dreaded ampersand in the house code, I immediatly tried to load the UltraView2 page and got the following error:

XML Refresh Failed.

Deleting the two & devices from the Homeseer device manager fixed the error, and UltraView2 is happy again.

Thought you'd like to know...

Leave a comment:

• snedecor
    replied
    One error so far, one clarification

Clarification to troubleshooting instructions:

For those of us that have our web server on a port other than 80, we have to put our port number in the links that UltraJones has provided in the first post.

My first error was similar to TrOjan, no devices found. I started looking at the XML and found that a device was created, UltraView status device with a code of &1. Evidently this is verboten in XML and it choked. I had to delete the device to get the XML to parse, and then I was able to load my devices.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by polycron
    Hopefully these are two quick questions.

First, when I have someone on the WAN connect to my HS Ultraview2 page they get the graphic just fine but the "XML refresh failed." message shows up and you do not see any devices. Any thoughts? I had the other system setup as a trusted site.
    You don't need the other systems set up your HomeSeer server as trusted site, so that's not issue. Does it work locally?

Secondly, if someone keys in the ultraview2_config.aspx page they get into the setup. Any thoughts on how to lock this down?
    I am not sure if HomeSeer 2 offers the ability to lock down an individual page. If anyone knows the answer, please post it.

Leave a comment:

• redthebartender
    replied

You mean the two posts you made to the quickstart documentation? I corrected the link in the original posting, then deleted (hid) the postings
    yes thats it. thought i was going crazy when i checked later in the day.

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by TrOjAn
    Ultrajones,

WOW.. possibly the best instructions yet nicely done.

I remember in the old Ultraview I had to manually edit the files to add devices.. is this the same in this version?

The reason I ask is when I try to config it it says its importing devices then says I dont have any...

I apoligise if this is the dummest question of 2005.. any help would be appreciated.

TrOjAn
    Did you try the troubleshooting hints listed in the original post? If not, please start there... if you continue to have trouble, please post a screenshot.

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Ultrajones,

WOW.. possibly the best instructions yet nicely done.

I remember in the old Ultraview I had to manually edit the files to add devices.. is this the same in this version?

The reason I ask is when I try to config it it says its importing devices then says I dont have any...

I apoligise if this is the dummest question of 2005.. any help would be appreciated.

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

Working...
X