Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help !! No devices !!!

Ultrajones;

I am getting the no devices when I run the load command on the ultra_view config page..

I ran the three local host items (had to use localhost:xx) the locations (http://localhost:xx/status?pg=xml_locations) appears not to work..
    [Error is :
    ?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes" ?
    devices / ] {Left out >< for formating}

HomeSeer is using these symbols as HCs ` , [ , ] , ^ , \ , ~ and maybe /.
    Also a-z 1-99 about < 30 devices.

I don't appear to have any stange locations..

Any Ideas ????

Maybe somebody could post/send a utrastatus.xml fire with just a couple of devices in it and I could manually edit it to get it working for me ...

when I run this line:
    http://localhost:xx/status?pg=xml_positions
    I get this for a reslut:
    The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'http://localhost:xx/status?pg=xml_positions'. Line 1, P...

<DEVICE ID="deva7998" CODE="z15" NAME="COVER_DEVICE" TYPE="virtual" LOCATION="CDJ" ICON="/ultraview2/position.gif" R="0" ...

Also I mod' a mesage box to give me the "strXML" output here is what I got :

see attached file..

any ideas ???

Thanks
    DEM
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dem5867; February 15, 2006, 12:17 AM. Reason: Added some more data...

The doc file you provided didn't help because the msgbox function truncates the text. Opening the URL's specified in the troubleshooting section with Internet Explorer is the best option. Once loaded, see if you can do a file -> save-as, then post that saved file(s).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Here are the files..

Originally posted by Ultrajones
      The doc file you provided didn't help because the msgbox function truncates the text. Opening the URL's specified in the troubleshooting section with Internet Explorer is the best option. Once loaded, see if you can do a file -> save-as, then post that saved file(s).

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I'm thinking that something happens at the end of the device querry and the location querry never starts ???
      Attached Files

Comment

All XML output appears to be okay. The locations XML file is populated once you successfully complete the ultraview2_config.aspx setup.

What operating system are you using?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

All XML output appears to be okay. The locations XML file is populated once you successfully complete the ultraview2_config.aspx setup.

What operating system are you using?

W2kas .....

Any idea why it's telling me there are no devices ?????

Comment

I am wondering if the XML parser that comes with Windows 2000 doesn't like an empty XML document.

Try replacing the ultraview2.xml in the HomeSeer config directory with the file included in this post.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am wondering if the XML parser that comes with Windows 2000 doesn't like an empty XML document.

Try replacing the ultraview2.xml in the HomeSeer config directory with the file included in this post.

Bummer was hoping that would work.. It did not.. I may get some time this weekend to look at this problem..

Comment

Same issue here

I'm using HS 2.1 and WinXP and I also get the Major Error: No devices found. Here are my troubleshooting files for reference, any help would be appreciated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Still not working

Does it look like there is something wrong with my way my files were generated or is something else causing the error. I updated to the latest version of UltraStatus last night and tried to configure again but there was no change, I still get "No devices found."

Comment

I tried the lastest update still no change..

Comment

Working...
                    X