Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request

Great job, Ultra. I've been up an running for a couple of weeks and UltraView has been stable as a rock.. too bad HS keeps messing up.

I wanted to request a change in the way rules are keyed. Currently, the device code triggers the action. It would be great to be able to trigger on device type. I figure that I'm not the only one out there who has a motion sensor on the same code as a light... it would be nice to have it recognize it (I sometimes have 3 or 4 device types per house code). I changed the code to add all the ifs and make it work, but it seems faster when it's triggered.

Also, in ultraview2_config, would it be possible to put a check box to hide a device? There are quite a few devices that I access from Homeseer but have no need for in UltraView.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Rog
    Last edited by ; March 3, 2006, 01:58 PM.

Originally posted by crypto1701
    I wanted to request a change in the way rules are keyed. Currently, the device code triggers the action. It would be great to be able to trigger on device type. I figure that I'm not the only one out there who has a motion sensor on the same code as a light... it would be nice to have it recognize it (I sometimes have 3 or 4 device types per house code).
    I was wondering if you had given this any consideration. It seems that it would solve a number of problems that people are having.

Thanks again for the great program!

Rog

Comment

I'll see what it will take to add that feature. Just keep in mind that for every device status change, a query will need to take place to determine the HomeSeer device type.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones
        I'll see what it will take to add that feature. Just keep in mind that for every device status change, a query will need to take place to determine the HomeSeer device type.
        Maybe a combination of description and house ID? I know that there would be just a bit of sufferage because of the extra logic required but it would still only trigger when needed.

I'm assuming that this would be faster than all the if-then-else additions I made to ultraview2_common.txt. I've noticed that my four clients will get HS backed up running the status scripts.. this was true in HS1, too. Sometimes I'd see 15 or more out there queued up.. sometimes HS would just say "too many" and cough a couple of times.

Then again, I'm pushing UltraView much harder than you ever advertised it, and it runs like a champ... so I'm definately not complaining.

Thanks again,
        Rog

Comment

Multiple devices per housecode

Am I really the only one that uses more that one device per housecode (ex. a motion sensor and the light it controls both set on b1)?

Comment

I agree, it would be nice to be able to put multiple stsatus icons for a single device code on UltraView2. I do the same thing for a few here.
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Working...
            X