Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question - request

Ultrajones:

First and foremost, thank you for releasing the current ultraview ultrastatus.

I have played with it for a few days and have got it to work for the most part. I followed through most of the changes just to see how it changes from the first release to now. I have a request.

Is it at all possible to have the aspx page display like it did before. I followed through all files for the aspx page and don't understand what is happening.

the first release in the asp page, in the end called an xsl file that contained all the devices with the sort command that then listed the devices we wished to use. I have tried to understand what is happening however, cant !!!

Can the <div id="divweather1" style="height=430; overflow: auto;"> be incorporated or entered in this new format?

Thanks again .... a thankfull ultraview user.

David

The original UltraView and UltraStatus required a lot of modification to get it working. This release was an attempt to provide an example XSLT file that works with no modification. You should have been able to just drop that file into the UltraView2 directory and have it display simliar to the screenshots in this posting: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=111695

All the magic is happening on the Client side. The aspx page just writes the following HTML between the HomeSeer header and footer:

PHP Code:
    <script language="VBScript" src="/ultraview2/ultraview2_status.txt"></script>
    <
    script language="VBScript" src="/ultraview2/ultraview2_common.txt"></script>
    <
    div id="divUltraStatus"></div
    On the client side, the code in ultraview2_status.txt requests the HomeSeer device data in XML format from the UltraStatus HSPI plug-in, then requests the XSLT stylesheet from the HomeSeer web server, the combines the two to create the HTML that is rendered in the browser. The output format and code is contained in the file ultraview2_status.xsl you downloaded.

The cool thing about this design is that anyone that understands XSLT can take the HomeSeer device data in XML format and transform it in any way they see fit.

Open up the device XML by pointing your browser to:
    http://localhost/status?pg=xml_devices

Then open up ultraview2_status.xsl by double-clicking the file. You should be able to walk through the two files to determine how the stylesheet transforms the XML document into HTML.

Does this explanation help at all?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

follow up

Ultrajones:

Thanks for that. I think that I sort of misread the instructions ...?

I your explanation clears it up for me, just need a few more things answered.

The new ultra_view_xsl is the part I did'nt get sort of. There seems to be others that are having difficulty as I am. The first question I have is if I drop this file in and call it what exactly should it return.

I check location and device and status pages and they all return without error. The ultrastatus page as your screenshot shows never appears.

First and foremost, do I have to completely set up the ultrastatus plugin so that i can just use the "ultraview/quickview" device page.

Can we start with that.

At this point, there are no errors on any file, the only thing returned is
      the getting info from homeseer box

Thanks again

David

Comment

Originally posted by unibits
        Ultrajones:

Thanks for that. I think that I sort of misread the instructions ...?

I your explanation clears it up for me, just need a few more things answered.

The new ultra_view_xsl is the part I did'nt get sort of. There seems to be others that are having difficulty as I am. The first question I have is if I drop this file in and call it what exactly should it return.
        The xsl file is not called directly. It's instructions on how to format the HomeSeer device XML.

I check location and device and status pages and they all return without error. The ultrastatus page as your screenshot shows never appears.

First and foremost, do I have to completely set up the ultrastatus plugin so that i can just use the "ultraview/quickview" device page.
        No, that's the purpose of the new design. It *should* just work. Check the HomeSeer 2 updater... does it show you have the latest version installed?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have the latest package installed. I am having the same problem as karls in the next post up. At this point, I think it would be best for everyone if we continue this discussion there. Thanks Ultra...See you there

David

Comment

Working...
          X