Multiple device types per housecode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple device types per housecode

How is anyone handling having multiple device types tied to the same housecode (i.e. a motion sensor and the light it turns on are both on b1)? I know a couple of ways, I was just wondering how others are doing it.

Thanks,
    Rog

why is this anymore complicated then just creating two different devices and assigning them to the same housecode. the motion should be a device that is status only. when referencing these devices is script, use the location, name combo not the housecode.

ps. your signature should read '...worst thing...'
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I do exactly that for a few motion sensors and the lights they control, but only for the ones that I want the smallest delay between motion detection and turning on the light.

Since I want to be able to control the device in UltraView2, I don't put the motion sensor visible on my layout, just the light.
      |
      | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
      HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler
        why is this anymore complicated then just creating two different devices and assigning them to the same housecode. the motion should be a device that is status only. when referencing these devices is script, use the location, name combo not the housecode.

ps. your signature should read '...worst thing...'
        Having two different devices assigned to the same housecode is my problem.. The UltraStatus configuration screens wants to assign icons by housecode.. so when I have two different types of devices on the same housecode, one will get the wrong icon. I'm currently dealing with this by modifying the script and not using the UltraStatus device configuration screens at all, but it is very slow.. it takes over three seconds for UltraView to "get" it's update and I'm pretty sure that it's because I've bloated the script with so many devices. I'm assuming that it would run faster if I used the UltraStatus screen to set up devices because it would assign the icon through the dll, not the script.

Now, if the UltraStatus configuration screen would let you trigger on device type instead of housecode, all would be well. It seems easy enough.. Ultra?

Thanks for the heads up on the spelling.. I'm lost without a spell checker. You'd think a 44-year-old could spell worst.

Thanks,
        Rog

Comment

Working...
        X