Ultra staus and Insteon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultra staus and Insteon

Is there a or is there a plan in the works for a ultra status that will work with insteon products.

Sorry if you have already answered this but I can not find the answer in the forum.

It don't think it matters if a device is X10, Insteon, ZWave (or whatever) as long as HomeSeer supports the device and HomeSeer sends a device status change event via the status change callback. The Ultra Status HSPI plugin should work with Insteon devices as they change status.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Great I will check it out

The last version I looked at there was a grid of x10 address that you selected what you wanted to change the icons for.

Comment

What do Insteon devices use?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Insteon

The insteon devices have a six digit code that identifys the unit. I take it as you have not had any experiance with Insteon. If you get the chance you might want to take a look at it it is so much faster and reliable than x-10 I just hope they are fast at getting the rest of the product line out.

Comment

How does HomeSeer handle that 6 digit code? Does it map back to a House Code / Device Code?

Comment

Insteon

It does not that I know of the best place to find info would be in the Isteon plugin forum

Comment

Originally posted by jtwolf76
                The insteon devices have a six digit code that identifys the unit. I take it as you have not had any experiance with Insteon. If you get the chance you might want to take a look at it it is so much faster and reliable than x-10 I just hope they are fast at getting the rest of the product line out.
                Sounds like another good reason to assign icons by device type instead of housecode.

Rog

Comment

Any update??

Any updates on this? I too use Insteon and would love to be able to change the icons for this devices. In my case Insteon used the ` code (ie. `1, `2) in the device list, but it is different for all uses based on what code's are available.

Having icons based on module type is a good idea but still lacks the flexability of being able to change icons to match the exact device.

Thanks for your time.
                  Bryan
                  Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
                  Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Also interested in this

I think if you just add the ability to change the status of virtual devices, not just x10 addresses, that would do the trick. Even better though would be the ability to assign status based on the Insteon 6 digit code.

Thanks!
                    Steven

A thought to ponder...
                    If Microsoft sucks soo bad, why is theirs the most widely used OS and the most developed in environment? Hmmmmmm....

Comment

If you were able to select devices from a device name list, and have HS getDeviceCode vs the X-10 style grid you could customize the icons for any device. By having the 1-16 x A-P grid, you are limited to only those DeviceCodes. Z-Wave by default load the device house code using "q" and unless you change it to something else (standard X-10 address), you can not assign a custom icon to it with the HSPI. Insteon is a plugin so depending upon the plugin house code assigned when installed those devices could have any of the plugin house codes available.

The Pod

Comment

Originally posted by BoBeeve
                        I think if you just add the ability to change the status of virtual devices, not just x10 addresses, that would do the trick. Even better though would be the ability to assign status based on the Insteon 6 digit code.

Thanks!
                        Steven
                        I now have about 24 insteon switches installed, but in X10 mode. What hardware do I need to buy to begin testing the Insteon stuff? I am in the middle of a major re-write to this plug-in, so now would be the time to add this feature...

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones
                          I now have about 24 insteon switches installed, but in X10 mode. What hardware do I need to buy to begin testing the Insteon stuff? I am in the middle of a major re-write to this plug-in, so now would be the time to add this feature...
                          You will need the Insteon Plugin and either a USB (2414u) or Serial (2414s) PowerLinc for the HS interface. I don't think you need to worry about the Insteon 6 digit address because HS doesn't use it, the plugin assigns plugin addresses ([,],#,$,_,^, etc.) to the devices. The Insteon plugin stores the 6 digit address to communicate with the modules, but outside the plugin, I don't think its accessable within HS.

If UltraStatus used a multi-select Listbox of all devices in HS to select devices instead of the X-10 check box grid, you could cover all devices including plugins, z-wave devices and virtual devices.

The Pod

Comment

Thanks for the info... the next version won't have those checkboxes anymore. It will find all the house codes in use (including the ones controled by plug-ins) and allow you to select those.

Comment

Interface

If you have the switchs the only thing you should need would be the Insteon interface like the 2414u.

Comment

Working...
                              X