Ultraview2.XML file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultraview2.XML file?

Without success I have been trying to have a second set of Ultraview2.aspx pages (including the uv2~~.txt pages, etc) running from a 2nd directory. Then with the UV2-config.aspx I generated a 2nd XML file (not named ultraview2.xml)

Even when I replace in this 2nd directory all 'Ultraview2' occurencies with e.g. 'UltraviewX' through all these files, still the Ultraview2.xml file is used.

When I rename my newly generated xml file as Ultraview2.xml, everything just works fine (except of course that my first set of UV2 pages is incorrect now )

What am I overlooking in this?
    Is the file ultraview2.xml somewhere hardcoded?

Pls help !

Henk

Originally posted by henkier
    Without success I have been trying to have a second set of Ultraview2.aspx pages (including the uv2~~.txt pages, etc) running from a 2nd directory. Then with the UV2-config.aspx I generated a 2nd XML file (not named ultraview2.xml)

Even when I replace in this 2nd directory all 'Ultraview2' occurencies with e.g. 'UltraviewX' through all these files, still the Ultraview2.xml file is used.

When I rename my newly generated xml file as Ultraview2.xml, everything just works fine (except of course that my first set of UV2 pages is incorrect now )

What am I overlooking in this?
    Is the file ultraview2.xml somewhere hardcoded?

Pls help !

Henk
    What you are trying to do is not currently supported. There is a hard coded reference to ultraview2.xml in the Ultra Status HSPI plugin. Why do you need 2 directories for the ultraview2 aspx files?
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones,

Besides having devices being showed at my floorplan, I wanted to have the same devices being showed in a different view (not being a floorplan).

In real: apart of having my networkdevices being displayed at floor1 or floor2, I want to have them displayed as well at a (kind of real-time) network diagram. I started off by using floor-0 for this network diagram, but figured that having a same device being displayed at two "floor's" would not work.
      So I tried to copy the UV2 files into another directory and hit the .xml issue.

Any suggestions?
      Henk

Comment

Wow, good idea! Are you running HomeSeer 2.1?

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I've been doing this for years

An easy way to do this is to create more devices that you hide from the status view. Say you have a device A5 in the living room. Create a new device, location = network that is also A5 and it will have a different deva # to reference in Ultraview on your Network page.

Comment

Ameridan,

I sure will give this a try!
            As a side effect, I suppose, one will have a double set of his network equipment at the status page? (which could be hidden of course, but it sure requests some extra maintenance... )

Ultrajones, I recently moved to HS2.0.
            I did not figure the gain of HS 2.1 yet. But if you can build me an Ultraview plugin with the ability of presenting a functional view next to the current physical (floor) views, I sure will move to HS2.1 at my test machine.

regards, Henk

Comment

Too bad!

It turns out that Hidden devices cannot be configured with the UltraView2 floorplan configurator. They simply do not appear in the devicelist for the configurator.
              http://localhost/status?pg=xml_devices does not contain the Hidden devices.

Apart of that, creating a logical network apart of a physical view (floorplan) within UltraView2 can be done.

Hopefully Ultrajones will make a decent solution ?

regards Henk

Comment

don't hide them until after you are done with the Ultraview setup.

Comment

Ameridan,

Thats what I did ! I made the device available during Config, but as soon as I hit the "Hide Marked" button the extra devices disappear from the XML list (and thus form the floorplan). Are you running Ultraview for Homeseer 2?

Henk

Comment

Originally posted by henkier
                    Ameridan,

Thats what I did ! I made the device available during Config, but as soon as I hit the "Hide Marked" button the extra devices disappear from the XML list (and thus form the floorplan). Are you running Ultraview for Homeseer 2?

Henk
                    Erm, is that not what they are meant to do when you hide them, disappear from view?

I presume they re-appear when you un-hide them.
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Correction:
                      As soon as you set the device option "Hide device from views" it will not be listed in the XML file generated on behalf of Ultraview and thus it will not show up at the floorplan.

Henk

Comment

Working...
                      X