Ultraview2 and BLIcon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultraview2 and BLIcon

I have been trying to get BLicon and UltraView2 to play well together but am at a loss. Hopefully I can explain this enough to make sense. Ultraview tries to make a gif out of the device string. For each devicestring that is BLicon controlled it gives me the broken icon image. When I get the properties of the icon I get this:

I only get the 'spaces' characters on BLicon controlled devices. Any way to get rid of to get rid of the characters in front of 'Lampon.gif' so the graphic shows up? If so, we can finally use UltraStatus and a custom graphic with Insteon!

UPDATE:
    Fix this by editing the ultraview2_common.txt file. In 'Function BuildIcon' , added this line: (note: take out the hyphen, ' - ' . Had to put it in so the board wouldn't think there should be a space.)
    PHP Code:
    strIcon Strip(strIcon"&-nbsp;"""
    Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by TechHA; August 29, 2006, 12:59 PM.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Ok, new problem but minor one! Look at the picture below ...

Notice it also has the &-nbsp; stuffed in there. Anybody know how to get rid of those?
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Why are you using UltraView and BLicon together? What does BLIcon do that hspi UltraStatus doesn't?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

e.g. deliver custom icons on het Homeseer native pages

Comment

Exactly, I like to be able to change the icon for individual devices. Makes the pages look much better then just a bunch of light bulbs.
          Bryan

Comment

Same here... I think that changing the icons is available in the PRO version. Not sure why it can't be available in the version we all have...

Here is a good post discussing just that: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=113327
            Billy

Comment

I believe there are hs.DeviceGraphicsAdd command that you could use in a once-only script to add images that HS and UltraView would use without a script/plug-in running to update icons. There is also a hs.DeviceValuesAdd command that could be useful as well.
              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Thanks Jim. I'll look into that.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Just so you know BLIcon should NOT be used to change Icons that are created / maintained by ANOTHER plugin, it causes problems.

TrOjAn

Comment

Yea... probably not a good idea to use hs.DeviceGraphicsAdd (i think that is the command) for plug-in devices. It is a command available for plug-ins but I believe it can be run from scripts. I bet HS2 Pro simply uses a web interface to execute the same command. I have never tried the command on a "regular" device but will try it this evening.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                    X