UltraStatus/Ultraview questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraStatus/Ultraview questions

I installed the Ultraview/Ultrastus Plugins and the installation went fairly smoothly.

I do have several questions

1) If I would want to keep something out of the ultraview page ( for instance WatherXML) how would I go about keeping that location out of the ultraview page? I tried marking those devices "hidden" in the ultraview configuration but it didn't seem to do anything , it still shows up on ultraview.

2) In ultrastatus if I am trying to set a device string for On and off do I just give a name like online.gif or do I have to give a path as well?

3) can I set a device string to a jpeg image? will that show up in ultraview ( i've been trying to do that but I dont get the image to show up)
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Anyone have any suggestions?
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

For question #1, can you provide a screen shot so I can see what you are talking about. I *think* you talking about the UltraView - Staus page, correct?

For question #2, you just provide the name like "On Line" or "Lamp On". The program will then provide simlar logic that HomeSeer uses and will attempt to display OnLine.gif or LampOn.gif.

For question #3, the program currently doesn't support jpgs. How important is that feature?
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks UltraJones for your repll

Also thanks for a great plugin

as for my questions

1) Yes I am talking about Ultraview Status page. I have some devices that show up as a broken X ( like my CNN feeds ), untill I figure out all the proper icons that I could use I would rather just leave out that device location off the page, if that is possible.

2) Thanks for the info

3) It is not the most important thing in the world , but I have several cameras around the house feeding images to devices that show up in the HS status page as the device icon, and it would be nice to have it in the Ultraview Status page, I thought it might just be a setting to allow JPEG images to be used.

Thanks
        jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Ultrajones

Here are some screenshots of my status page.

As you can see the CNN section as well as the weather sections are not too useful.

Is there any way of eliminating sections from the Ultraview Status page?

Thanks
          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I see the problem, the page is invisible :-)
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sorry forgot to add screenshots

Here they are
              Attached Files
              jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Ultrajones:

OK I figured out that I would have to edit ultraview2_status.xsl stylesheet in order to eliminate certain locations.

Where and what exactly do I edit to say leave out the location"CNN"?
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Let me look at this issue later today. I think I can modify the plug-in to allow you to identify only the devices you want to display without users having to edit the underlying config files. I'll default to showing nothing so users just need to put a checkbox next to the device they want to show.

Sound okay?

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks, that would be greatly appreciated
                    jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                    X