Floor Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Plan?

This may be dumb but where do I get or create the floorplan for my house?

ALfer

I'm not sure I'm following your question but I think you're asking what to use to create floor plans? If so this has been covered a few times in the past. I searched for floor plan software.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...+plan+software
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I just use MS Paint.

~Bill

Comment

You can check out this online room planner too:

http://www.nfm.com/roomplanner.aspx
        Bryan
        Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
        Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Originally posted by The Ol Alfer View Post
          This may be dumb but where do I get or create the floorplan for my house?

ALfer
          I went to my city office and requested the floor plans for my home. Some cities only keep it on file for 5 years... so if you're lucky, you can get a copy.

I then used Microsoft Visio to create my floor plans, then saved them as gif images. I then used GIMP (open source software) to make it look nice.

There are other programs you can use to create a floor plan. Hopefully others will chime in to share what they have used ...

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Crayons and a scanner?

~Bill

Comment

Good one !!!

Crayons are just my speed, HAHAHA, thanks gentlemen now I know where to start ...

ALfer

Comment

...can I ask what the criteria are for the output gif, interms of any restrictions on pixel size or colour depth?

Thanks - I ask as I could never get the thing working ....

DJ
                ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

As noted by UltraJones I went to local town and requested a set of plans. These are architectural builders plans. You can then either take a picture of them and use that or you can scan them into CAD (DWG) and then import them into Visio and use them that way. We bought the house from owners who had built it (2 years old). Its nice to have the plans though as I have wired most of the house without knowing what was in the walls and being lucky I didn't damage anything. With the plans I know where everything is at now.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X