Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Having trouble with ultra status after cpu change .. help!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Having trouble with ultra status after cpu change .. help!

    As the subject says, I upgraded to a new computer with XP Pro, IIS and Office 2003.

    Since the upgrade, the ultra status pages do not work. I get the table headers, but no data. 'Refresh in progress' works fine, and after putting in several msgbox's and hs.writelogs, I can confirm that the .vbs script generates a (big) bunch of xml and does a response.write of it... Just nothing appears on the web page!

    I've done a search for 'msxml' and found msxml.dll, msxml2.dll, msxml3.dll and msxml5.dll.

    I don't know which one I need, or which one is in use, or indeed if this is the problem!

    HELP!

    Thanks...

    #2
    Download the msxml_test.txt file, rename it to mxsm_test.vbs and run it. On my machine, all tests pass except the transformation test for Msxml2.DOMDocument.2.6. What are your results?

    Note:
    Download the file by right-clicking, then selecting "Save Target As"
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

    Comment


      #3
      OK, here's what I get:

      Msxml2.DOMDocument.2.6 is installed and working properly. TransformNode test failed. The error returned was The value of the 'method' attribute may not be 'html'.

      And


      Mxsml2.DOMDocument.4.0 does not appear to be installed. The error returned was Object required

      ----

      Whatever THAT means ...

      Thanks for the help...

      Comment


        #4
        Okay, now see if the XML is loading okay by typing the following in your browser address bar:

        http://127.0.0.1/ultra_view2_xml.vbs

        Scroll to the bottom and verify it loads completly. Check to ensure the last element is </DEVICEDATA>.
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks for the quick reply. Good debugging technique..

          Here's what I got:

          The XML page cannot be displayed
          Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.


          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://big.gotdns.org:8080/ultra_view2_xml.vbs'. Line 1137, Position 20

          <STRING><![CDATA[21

          The problem was an errant degree symbol after installing the thermostat plugin (which was NOT present in January when this problem cropped up)

          I fixed that problem, the output now ends with </DEVICEDATA> as it should... still no soap, but I'll continue looking.

          Thanks for the help! Even though I'm not yet out of the woods, that got me MUCH further than I could have gotten myself!

          ---------------------------------

          EDIT:

          OK, now I'm on my way.... When I first installed ultra status, a LONG time ago, I had removed the uptime field from DEVICEDATA, since I wasn't using it.

          It was still here:
          call push(arrOutput, "<!ATTLIST SYSTEM UPTIME CDATA #REQUIRED>")

          BUT not here: (It's added back in this snippet, the 3rd line)

          call push(arrOutput, "<SYSTEM LAST_UPDATE=" & chr(34) & Now() & chr(34) & " " _
          & " SUNRISE=" & chr(34) & hs.Sunrise & chr(34) & " " _
          & " UPTIME=" & chr(34) & hs.systemuptime & chr(34) & " " _
          & " SUNSET=" & chr(34) & hs.Sunset & chr(34) & " " _
          & "/>")

          Apparently, this was not bothering whatever XML stuff I had with XP Home before January, but it WAS a problem with XP Pro since then...

          End of edit

          Comment

          Working...
          X