Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setup problems: ultra_view2_config.htm fails...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup problems: ultra_view2_config.htm fails...

Hi

I am having problems getting ultraview setup and configured.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>I installed the files in the appropriate locations (the include files are in html/include) from ultra_suite 1.0.4
    <LI>I edited ultra_view2.asp and modified the settings for my first floor image.
    <LI>I modified ultra_view2.txt to indicate the three different floor plans.
    <LI>I ran ultra_view2_config.htm (from the file system not from the web server), loaded my images and clicked LOAD.
    <LI>I went ahead and ran ultra_view2_xml.txt. No errors[/list]

At that point a dialog pops up saying "63 devices found". I click ok, the dialog goes away and nothing else happens. The configuration tool seems to hang and the "Device Image Placement" buttons/options never become active. My devices show up in http://localhost:81/ultra_view2_control.asp and ultra_view2_status.asp; and the floor plans show up in ultra_view2.asp. There are no obvious errors in the log file other than missing device icons.

So I'm stumped. I've gone back and rechecked everything. Since I could not get the config tool to work I made certain that ultra_view2.cfg was in the script directory as indicated in "Ultra View Status.html". Still no luck.

A couple of possible clues:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>When the configuration tool hangs it is on the first device, the Security Status for the OnQ Plugin, Device "[1".
    <LI>If I try to open ultra_view2_xml.vbs via the web server I never get any xml?
    <LI>If I try to run ultra_view2_xml.vbs directly (from the file system) I receive a "Windows VBScript compilation Error" pointing to Line 21, character 1 with Error "Expected Statement" and Code 800A0400[/list]

I am appending a screen shot of the config page after I have loaded the images.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Barry
    Attached Files

This make take some time... Can you send me an email (ultrajones@hotmail.com) so I can work with you on this. I will be modifying the ultra_view2_config.htm so it reports errors correctly. The program is probably choking on your device names or device house codes.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultra,

Any progress on this issue?

Thanks
      bhenderson

Comment

Do you have an ultra_view2.cfg file in your HomeSeer/scripts directory?

If not, place the ultra_view2.cfg file in your HomeSeer/scripts directory, then point your web browser to http://localhost/ultra_view2_xml.vbs

Let me know if you can see XML in your web browser and that it parses completly without errors.
        Attached Files
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Ultrajones,

I do have ultra_view2.cfg in the scripts directory. And I do get what appears to be correct XML output. I have attached the output.

bhenderson
          Attached Files

Comment

Try this and let me know what the dispayed errors are...

Note: Use right-click, Save Target As...
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Ultrajones!

That did it?!

No errors! The floor plan images loaded and the configuration sailed right through the devices. I added a couple to test it and they showed up fine when I loaded ultra_view2.asp. Don't know what you did but Thanks!

bhenderson

Comment

Working...
              X