Browser support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Browser support

OK, I've tried this plugin as a trial - and after some fooling around, got it running on three floors, and it works beautifully, IF you are using IE. If you're a diehard Firefox user, you're hosed. Being forced into IE to use only one aspect of HS really puts a crimp in the user experience.

So, my question is simple. Can this plugin be made to work with Firefox as other plugins do? If not, I'm not sure I'm ready to shell out for this plugin, which is a real bummer because I love the functionality.

- Ed K.

I have been trying *really* hard to add support for Firefox. All the underlying scripts are now 100% JavaScript, so the conversion should be easier. I am making progress using Firefox 3, but not as fast as I had hoped.

I know you don't like IE, but they were the first to add XML/XSLT/DHTML/AJAX support with IE 5. Firefox has finally caught up with the release of Firefox 2 and 3.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      I know you don't like IE, but they were the first to add XML/XSLT/DHTML/AJAX support with IE 5. Firefox has finally caught up with the release of Firefox 2 and 3.
      Here's hoping that someday IE includes HTML support.

Yes, I am a web developer.

Comment

Ultra,

That is great news - keep up the fine work. Firefox is really trying hard also to keep up with all the crap IE throws out there, so hopefully this final push won't take as long as you think!

Comment

Working...
        X