Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraStatus/UltraView2 configuration save issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cu++er
    replied
    Problem resolved. Manually deleted all traces of UltraStatus and reinstalled clean. All working properly now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    Any more ideas on why this is happening? What is the next move? Thanks in advance.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    Cleared the cache, & it made no difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultrajones
    replied
    Can you clear your browsers cache to make sure you're using the updated javascript files? If that doens't work, please contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultrajones
    replied
    No, that is not going to help. Let me look at this a bit more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    Just checked it. Yes it is. But it still looks like what I pasted a few comments ago, with basically an empty configuration with only three lines.

    How do I do a full equivalent to an uninstall of UltraStatus? Do you think it would make any difference to completely remove it, & start over from scratch? Basically, I am doing that already anyway, since it doesn't have any of my device placements any more anyway.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultrajones
    replied
    Is the timestamp of the config file changing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    Downloaded the new update. Same results. It isn't posting any changes to the Configuration file.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultrajones
    replied
    Please download the version I just uploaded to the Homeseer updater. You can contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    If necessary, I could give you temporary access into my system via web interface logon, or even RDP access directly to the machine. We'd have to communicate offline, for getting you appropriate logon account settings. You could probably fix it pretty quick that way. Likewise, I am more than willing to pay for support, if necessary. I just need it fixed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    i don't know if you an see the contents of the ULTRAVIEW2.XML file that I pasted into the previous post. it shows up as hidden, for some reason, in my browser. I removed the brackets from around every line, so it wouldn't disappear and you could see it. It looks like below (minus those outer brackets).

    ?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes"?
    devices
    /devices

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    yes. all xml test show pass. man, i really need to get this working. it is like the xml file is resetting to blank every time. it cant remember the page views, locations, or anything. everything is defaulting to hidden, with the icons off the picture (above and to the left), in the default location. I get absolutely no error in the log when saving the configuration, & it says it was successful. The ULTRAVIEW2.XML file modified date and time changes to the time of the save, but opening that Xml file in notepad and it is completely blank, like this:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" standalone="yes"?>
    <devices>
    </devices>

    Leave a comment:


  • Ultrajones
    replied
    Does everything show "Pass" under XML tests?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    I just noticed that the 'Getting Data' blue box when pulling up the UltraView2 interface is only a slight flicker now, & then it is gone. It used to run for several seconds as it pulled in data. Nothing is pulling in though, now.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cu++er
    replied
    Well, the good news is that the previous 'Can't Get or Put' error message is now gone. The bad news is that version 1.1.4590.31091 took out ALL my UltraView2 icons completely, on all three floors. If I attempt to put them back, it says it wrote to the configuration file fine. However, nothing shows up on the web page. Yes, I changed them from 'hidden' to 'first' floor, as appropriate. It still acts like they are hidden. When loading my config, every single device shows as hidden now.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X