Getting 'XML Devices' failures now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting 'XML Devices' failures now...

I am running UltraStatus 1.1.4592.21053. It has been working great, up until recently. The only difference is that I added some virtual devices (NOAH Weather/Performance Monitoring stuff). Now I am getting this error, when launching UltraView display, or running XML tests...

Fail
    An error occurred in the "doXMLTest()" function.The error details are:Parse Error...-1072896673Line Number...3076Character.....3Description...End element was missing the character '>'.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

My guess is one of the virtual HomeSeer devices contains one or more charcters that are not properly HTML encoded. Can you save the XML file, then send it to ultrajones@hotmail.com. While viewing that error, right-click the browser window, then select view source, then save the contents of the source to test.xml.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I added a new option to allow the UltraStatus HSPI to ignore certain device types. Please download and installed UltraStatus HSPI version 1.1.4662.24017 to see if it resolves the issue you reported.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Just ran the update. Seeing what I think is your new change in the 'UltraStatus - Options' tab, where it says "Ignore List Regular Expression: (Status Only|Virtual Devices)". However, no change to failure.

Still see this error when trying to open UltraView2 Page:

Message from webpage
        An error occurred in the "processData()" function.
        The error details are:

Parse Error...-1072896673
        Line Number...2800
        Character.....3
        Description...End element was missing the character '>'.

Still see this error when trying to run XML Test:

Status /status?pg=xml_status Pass

Devices /status?pg=xml_devices Fail

An error occurred in the "doXMLTest()" function.
        The error details are:

Parse Error...-1072896673
        Line Number...2800
        Character.....3
        Description...End element was missing the character '>'.

Locations /status?pg=xml_location Pass

Positions /status?pg=xml_positions Pass

I just emailed you the source, for reference. Thanks for working to fix this!

Comment

Good luck. I've been getting a similar error for almost a year and a half now. Same symptoms, except my error says "Element was not closed".

Comment

Originally posted by GatorKWM View Post
            Good luck. I've been getting a similar error for almost a year and a half now. Same symptoms, except my error says "Element was not closed".
            Did you ever report the error?
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes

Comment

GatorKWM,

You never replied to the e-mail I sent you on Sun 3/28/2010 at 9:40 AM ET.

Without access to a ticket system, it is *very* challenging trying to keep track of any open issues.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Ultrajones - email now sent to you.

Comment

I was able to duplicate the issue using the data you provided to me via e-mail. UltraStatus HSPI version 1.1.4673.33645 has been posted that should resolve this issue.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I've got it working now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X