Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome

Introducing the ZipBackUp plugin.

This software plug-in is designed to Backup HomeSeer directory to directory of your choice. ZipBackup will append date to zipped file name.

Description:
    This is a compact plug-in built using strict adherence to HomeSeer's plug-in API; ensuring future generations of plug-in will take full advantage new features in HomeSeer when available. This plugin is utilizing Microsofts .NET4.6 and is required for operation.

This software plug-in is designed to Backup HomeSeer directory to directory of your choice. ZipBackup will append date to zipped file name.

This plug-in, is designed to perform reliably and quickly.

Configuration INI file stores configs such as

[Config]
    Debug=False
    SourcePath=c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer\
    DestinationPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer\Data\ZipBackup\

Configuration web page is accessed through HomeSeer's plug-in-Interface link using standard HomeSeer API rather than ASPX and additional files.
    Last edited by lpitman; September 8, 2015, 08:26 AM. Reason: Formatting
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Larry,

What additional features does this plugin provide over BLBackup (also in the updater) which is free?
    Jon

Comment

Probably none...I have not used Blades. But mine is free to try if your curious.
      -Larry

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I realize that this is an old post, but I am wondering where to post an error I am getting for ZipBackup on HS4

Comment

What error are you seeing?
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Below is the error message in the startup of Homeseer. Also I am unable to change the directory where the backup ends. Whatever I input in the directory folder the backup always ends up in C:\ (root).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	294
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	1379290

HS4 Pro Edition 4.0.4.0 (Windows)
            ZipBackup 4.0.0.5

Regards, Christoffer

Comment

I am unable to reproduce your error. Do you have write permissions in the destination directory? The default is C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\HomeSeerBkups which is the typical path to the logged in user. You can also modify the ini file to point to the directory you want, or change the directory using the Setup menu for the plugin.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hi, Will this work on Linux?

Comment

No unfortunately it is Windows only. I am not very Linux literate.
                  -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Hello, I am getting error when running script for this plugin.

Here is my script:
                    Imports HomeSeer.PluginSdk.Devices

Public Sub Main(ByVal Param As Object)
                    Dim RetVal As Integer = Nothing
                    Dim plugin

plugin = New HomeSeerAPI.PluginAccess(hs4, "BackupNOW", " ")
                    RetVal = plugin.PluginFunction("BackupNOW"," ")
                    End Sub

Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                    X