No announcement yet.

myServer HTML5 pages are coming along

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys... I made the jump... by jump I mean for the touch user interface. it is a very expensive jump but an interesting one so far....

I must say... MyDesigner5 is what I wanted HSTouch to be. If HSTouch becomes HTML5 and incorporates more modern graphical elements it would be a hit.. And adding I don't know, $50 for beautiful and functional but modifiable templates after that HTML migration is an extra I'm willing to pay...

While media control from MyServer5 appears to be very good I'm still trying to understand it... an I truly believe HomeSeer is a better in device compatibility and overall usability as much as MyDesigner enables you to have a better and more responsible touch UI. Both seems to be the missing part of each other...

The BLML2HS plugin is VERY good... anyway, let me share my phone interface photos... work in progress with the customization but this is actually a template of sorts you can modify...

Anyway... I only have been playing with the thing for a week...

Comment

Originally posted by ppespepe View Post
      If HSTouch becomes HTML5 and incorporates more modern graphical elements it would be a hit..
      You do realize HSTouch can use any graphics you desire. You can create your own or use them from other sources. There are threads in the forums for generating your own graphics and also threads where folks share screen captures of their interfaces. Look around, you may be surprised. I believe there are also some buttons, etc. available here for download.
      Karl S
      HS3Pro on Windows 10
      96 Devices
      54 Z-Wave Nodes
      37 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units

Comment

Guys... I made the jump... by jump I mean for the touch user interface. it is a very expensive jump but an interesting one so far....

I must say... MyDesigner5 is what I wanted HSTouch to be. If HSTouch becomes HTML5 and incorporates more modern graphical elements it would be a hit.. And adding I don't know, $50 for beautiful and functional but modifiable templates after that HTML migration is an extra I'm willing to pay...

While media control from MyServer5 appears to be very good I'm still trying to understand it... an I truly believe HomeSeer is a better in device compatibility and overall usability as much as MyDesigner enables you to have a better and more responsible touch UI. Both seems to be the missing part of each other...

The BLML2HS plugin is VERY good... anyway, let me share my phone interface photos... work in progress with the customization but this is actually a template of sorts you can modify...

Anyway... I only have been playing with the thing for a week...
        MyServer is a great system and their UI builder is excellent. Media interfacing, management is far beyond HS and their UI designer is great. Just wait for the upcoming v6 of MyServer....

Comment

Does Allonis MyServer's media component (they're going to modules in V6 it says) allow you to navigate your music collection (i.e., pick or search for a song?)

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post

You do realize HSTouch can use any graphics you desire. You can create your own or use them from other sources. There are threads in the forums for generating your own graphics and also threads where folks share screen captures of their interfaces. Look around, you may be surprised. I believe there are also some buttons, etc. available here for download.
            Maybe it is easier to do with myserver ??

Comment

Originally posted by sickpuppy View Post

Does Allonis MyServer's media component (they're going to modules in V6 it says) allow you to navigate your music collection (i.e., pick or search for a song?)
              You can do this already. It just depends on what media repository you use

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post
                You can do this already. It just depends on what media repository you use
                Sorry HS, I hope you don't view this as cheating on you. I like the comfort zone right now and the time we've spent together for 5 years, but I need more action in my life. I need to feel that excitement of selecting individual media files, using nested if-then-elses, no more antiquated .NET dependencies - you know, I need all those things that make a geek swoon. I'm getting chills just thinking of it. How can something so wrong feel so right!
                Will definitely check them out when V6 comes along - gotta keep HS on its toes and become jealous. You know, fight for my love. Maybe some of these will show up in HS4? A boy can dream, can't he?

Comment

Sorry HS, I hope you don't view this as cheating on you. I like the comfort zone right now and the time we've spent together for 5 years, but I need more action in my life. I need to feel that excitement of selecting individual media files, using nested if-then-elses, no more antiquated .NET dependencies - you know, I need all those things that make a geek swoon. I'm getting chills just thinking of it. How can something so wrong feel so right!
                  Will definitely check them out when V6 comes along - gotta keep HS on its toes and become jealous. You know, fight for my love. Maybe some of these will show up in HS4? A boy can dream, can't he?
                  MS5 is still .net based.... and I don't think (or actually know) that it would work on Linux.

I have Shelly, won't work on MS
                  I have MQTT, won't work on MS
                  I have NetAtmo, won't work on MS
                  I have Zigbee which can work either using Deconz or Hubitat Elevation both using Hue Plugin or Habitat plugin which works great!
                  To be able to use the cameras I had to use Blue Irirs which I already had so no problem on this front.
                  If I need to integrate with something using POST or GET on HTML I can do that using Big5... I can't find such flexibility on MS

I mean, the list is not that short... and take into account, even though you have a great designer, you won't have such thing like device manager so you add a supported device and then you have to figure out how to control it... As an example when you add an Aeotec smart plug directly using the lighting plus the control plugins ($198 both) it will be recognized as an energy meter device so you will have to pay another $99 for the Energy group... just because it has a power meter...

Then, something like MyHS is not there... there is a plan of premium remote services which I paid but not sure what for (I must say nobody made me do it... it is not required) that is another $29 every year and if you want access to updates and I mean minor updates you have to subscribe paying $99 a year.

To be fair, to do a comparison we have to look at the big picture... I have both... I use the BLML2HS because the MS plugin included on the lighting package is not good...

HS3 costs $249 but includes control to MQTT and Z-Wave for no extra cost... I mean... they are not the same... hopefully HSTouch gets updated to HTML5 and the graphic elements gets better... Yes, you might be able to do semi-circular progress graphics but... how??? if I wanted to program everything... believe me, Node-Red gives you automation and dashboards...so, I truly believe each of the two is what the other is missing...

PP

Comment

To be fair, to do a comparison we have to look at the big picture...
                    Good point - I didn't know the exact cost-structure, so I'll need to take that into account first, but can't one just use the HS plugin for MS5 to get at the HS side of things for which MS5 may not be adequate or overpriced for?

Comment

Good point - I didn't know the exact cost-structure, so I'll need to take that into account first, but can't one just use the HS plugin for MS5 to get at the HS side of things for which MS5 may not be adequate or overpriced for?
                      Not sure... I had the same question and nobody to ask... If I were you I would give it a try using both, the trial of BLML2HS plugin and the trial of MyServer... You might try MyServer fresh install without any drivers to see if you could use the variables BLML2HS transfers to the MyServer... if not, give it a try just adding the lighting plugin... As far as I can see (I must emphasize I'm very new to this and still learning) transferred variables (not exactly devices) you can use to control and show devices on the Touch UI, are not related to any of the drivers but the BLML2HS applet... From a fresh trial install you could give it a try.

There are also apps which are also cool... very cool indeed like wine collection, google calendar, recipe books, amazon, Netflix control but there I don't think I can tell you that much because I'm not in the US and apparently it is only good for US and Canada... but once again, I suggest not to do what I did... to turn all almost all drivers I thought I would need ... start from none in your trial, then add as required later on...

If I can be of any help (newbie to newbie collaboration ) just let me know...

PP

Comment

Not sure... I had the same question and nobody to ask... If I were you I would give it a try using both, the trial of BLML2HS plugin and the trial of MyServer... You might try MyServer fresh install without any drivers to see if you could use the variables BLML2HS transfers to the MyServer... if not, give it a try just adding the lighting plugin... As far as I can see (I must emphasize I'm very new to this and still learning) transferred variables (not exactly devices) you can use to control and show devices on the Touch UI, are not related to any of the drivers but the BLML2HS applet... From a fresh trial install you could give it a try.

There are also apps which are also cool... very cool indeed like wine collection, google calendar, recipe books, amazon, Netflix control but there I don't think I can tell you that much because I'm not in the US and apparently it is only good for US and Canada... but once again, I suggest not to do what I did... to turn all almost all drivers I thought I would need ... start from none in your trial, then add as required later on...

If I can be of any help (newbie to newbie collaboration ) just let me know...

PP
                        As much as I think MyServer is cool and in many ways superior I think a lot of howto info should be taken to the Allonis forum?

PS There's friendly faces err names? there too

Comment

Originally posted by simplextech View Post

As much as I think MyServer is cool and in many ways superior I think a lot of howto info should be taken to the Allonis forum?

PS There's friendly faces err names? there too
                          While I totally understand your point, the fact of the matter is, since the context of my post is using MS as a complementary front end to HS3, this post can also be rendered as inappropriate on the other side if miss understood. I’m not replacing my HS3 anytime soon. HS4? I have three upgraded licenses and I’m not in a hurry.

For me in terms of flexibility, compatibility and easy of use as a home automation software, HomeSeer is second to none. That is my humble opinion.

Comment

While I totally understand your point, the fact of the matter is, since the context of my post is using MS as a complementary front end to HS3, this post can also be rendered as inappropriate on the other side if miss understood. I’m not replacing my HS3 anytime soon. HS4? I have three upgraded licenses and I’m not in a hurry.

For me in terms of flexibility, compatibility and easy of use as a home automation software, HomeSeer is second to none. That is my humble opinion.
                            That's cool then if using as complementary then it definitely needs to stay here. One because it is still using HS as the backend and two to show other's there is better Myself I don't really care where/what you post I was for a split moment playing devil's advocate.

Comment

Working...
                            X