Custom Web Front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Web Front end

I am very close to dropping the coin for Homeseer pro. I just have one issue. I am getting a new Samsung fridge with the touch screen. While I know i cant install HStouch on it because its Tizen OS. This there a custom we front end for Homesser like HStouch?
    Thanks
    Mike

Maybe someday

https://wiki.tizen.org/Tizen_.NET

https://developer.tizen.org/developm...et-application

Comment

Originally posted by themlruts View Post
      I am very close to dropping the coin for Homeseer pro. I just have one issue. I am getting a new Samsung fridge with the touch screen. While I know i cant install HStouch on it because its Tizen OS. This there a custom we front end for Homesser like HStouch?
      Thanks
      Mike
      HI Mike,

I've been using Jon00's custom webpage builder for several years to provide my kids with custom pages just for the things they are interested in. It's pretty powerful and it's donationware so you can try it out for as long as you want and then send a little something to Jon if you decide you use it. Here's the link to Jon's site: http://www.jon00.me.uk/index.shtml

Let me know if you need a hand with page layout. I can provide you with some decent examples.

Ken

Comment

I have one of the Samsung refrigerators with a touch screen on it. We use the web page builder from Jon, that Ken mentioned in the prior post. On the fridge when you press the internet icon, it defaults to some of the web pages we have available for it. If you need additional help, let us know.
        Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post
          I have one of the Samsung refrigerators with a touch screen on it. We use the web page builder from Jon, that Ken mentioned in the prior post. On the fridge when you press the internet icon, it defaults to some of the web pages we have available for it. If you need additional help, let us know.
          I'd love to see some pics for fun 😀

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
            I'd love to see some pics for fun 😀

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
            Here's a couple of snippets from my pages:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thermostats.png
Views:	280
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1260092

Name:	Lights.png
Views:	276
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	1260093

Name:	Garage Doors.png
Views:	276
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1260094

Comment

thanks for sharing. I may have to play with that for my windows PCs... using Android and Imperihome for most of my tablets, but would be a nice alternative. Very hard to do ?

Comment

thanks for sharing. I may have to play with that for my windows PCs... using Android and Imperihome for most of my tablets, but would be a nice alternative. Very hard to do ?
                It's .INI text file based so it's a little tedious editing the tag names but as long as you can follow patterns and have a decent text editor with block search&replace it's pretty easy. The other thing is that the .ini file is independent of HS's database so if you move/change/add/delete devices in HS you have to adjust the .ini file accordingly.

Comment

You can check out the forum, it has a lot of examples in this thread, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...uilder-for-hs3
                  Billy Draper

Comment

Some pictures of it running on the fridge ?
                    Was also thinking about buying one on black friday ...

Comment

Thank you eveyone I am working on build my homeseer box now. I hope to get this server running soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kriz83 View Post
                        Some pictures of it running on the fridge ?
                        Was also thinking about buying one on black friday ...
                        Sorry somehow I missed this post, sorry for the delay.

We absolutely love the Samsung frid with the TV in it. We have a island in our kitchen and during football games everyone would migrate to the nook area to see the football game playing on the den TV. Now we just project the den TV to the refrigerator TV and everyone can see it. Was it overkill to get a frid with a TV, yep... but I love the toys.

These are a few pictures of a site designed with the web builder package from Jon. My wife wanted to keep it simple on the frid, one page shows the local radar, the US radar and our cameras.

Main page with local forcast and radar, the page refreshes every 30 seconds

Name:	ref_tv01.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1346710

This is a picture of the camera page, the page refreshes every 60 seconds

Name:	ref_tv02.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1346709
                        Billy Draper

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Very cool
                            Thanks, this is a tighter picture of the weather webpage... It seems to work well on the refrigerator and best of all the wife likes it.

Views:	157
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1346809
                            Billy Draper

Comment

Originally posted by bdraper View Post

Sorry somehow I missed this post, sorry for the delay.

We absolutely love the Samsung frid with the TV in it. We have a island in our kitchen and during football games everyone would migrate to the nook area to see the football game playing on the den TV. Now we just project the den TV to the refrigerator TV and everyone can see it. Was it overkill to get a frid with a TV, yep... but I love the toys.

These are a few pictures of a site designed with the web builder package from Jon. My wife wanted to keep it simple on the frid, one page shows the local radar, the US radar and our cameras.

Main page with local forcast and radar, the page refreshes every 30 seconds

Views:	174
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	1346710

This is a picture of the camera page, the page refreshes every 60 seconds

Name:	ref_tv02.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	1346709
                              Fantastic Work I may have to pick you brain on this
                              Thanks
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X