HSbuddy not starting (also)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSbuddy not starting (also)

I just moved to a brand new Windows 10 (1903) HS install. All other plugins and system activities are normal, except the HSbuddy plugin. Its stuck at "INFO: Plugin start is pending", with no errors reporting in the log and the EXE not running in task manager. I tried:

Uninstalled
    Removing the exe and .config files
    Removing the ./conf ini file
    Rebooting (once I got it to start, but now cannot re-create how)
    Sep-28 8:23:43 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HSBuddy
    Sep-28 8:23:43 PM Starting Plug-In HSBuddy loaded in 15037 milliseconds
    I have no errors to report in the log, any suggestions I can try to further debug without an error being reported?

Hello! Were you able to solve this problem? If you are still having trouble, the following may help debug:
    • First try upgrading to the latest version of the plugin.
    • If that still does not solve it, locate a file named "HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config" under your HS3 installation folder
    • Uncomment the section at the bottom that starts with <system.diagnostics>
    • Try starting the plugin again
    • There should be a file called hsbuddy-trace.log with more information on what went wrong
    • If you can't find the hsbuddy-trace.log file, try replacing it in the config with a full path to a folder where you want it saved
    Hopefully this will help figure out what's wrong.

Comment

I did not, but now I know the error

Unhandled exception in Main: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find the path to bin/HSBuddy
      at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.FixCurrentDirectory()
      at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)

This is a Windows 10 install, and the path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
      I don't see anything odd here that would produce this.

Comment

avargaskun I've tried your suggestion and there's a hsbuddy.ini file, but there is no config file and no trace.log.
        It was all working 2 days ago. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it still locks up with"Plugin start is pending."
        I have found this in the log... Not sure WHY weather.xml is reading it. Have deleted weatherxml and reinstalled HSBuddy. No change. Still pending.
        Jan-11 12:01:00 PM weatherXML Checking: HSBuddy:

Comment

Originally posted by pciccone View Post
          I did not, but now I know the error

Unhandled exception in Main: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find the path to bin/HSBuddy
          at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.FixCurrentDirectory()
          at HSPI_HSBuddy.Program.Main(String[] args)

This is a Windows 10 install, and the path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3
          I don't see anything odd here that would produce this.
          Could you confirm that the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy" does not exist on your HS3 server after installing the HSBuddy plugin? Normally, that folder would be created automatically by the plugin installer.

Comment

The folder did exist. I just removed it, uninstalled then re-installed. That folder was again recreated. The results, however, are the same. Same problem/error. Below is the log showing a good install.
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Install/Update of package HSBuddy was successful.
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll.config
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.core.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_v2.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:11 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_green.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLite-net.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\NVelocity.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.so
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.dylib
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\ImageResizer.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\delete.png
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\checkmark.png
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Humanizer.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\HtmlAgilityPack.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\e_sqlite3.dll
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Making dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\
            Jan-15 11:10:10 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config
            Jan-15 11:10:09 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
            Jan-15 11:10:08 AM Updater Installing package HSBuddy
            Jan-15 11:10:08 AM Updater Update HSPI_HSBuddy.exe downloaded successfully
            Jan-15 11:10:08 AM Updater Downloading update: HSBuddy
            Jan-15 11:10:08 AM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

pciccone How are you loading hs3? You could be having the same problem I had.
              If you're not running hs3 with admin privileges, then that will cause hsbuddy to not find it's files and have a pending restart.
              Try closing hs3 (if it's not showing in taskbar, use task manager to end it.) and then right click hs3 and start as admin.
              See if hsbuddy works then. If you're using the startup folder and dumping hs3 into it, then it's starting with standard privs instead of admin.
              Are you also seeing an error in startup log saying startup.vb can't find scheduler.dll?

Comment

It starts on login, with the task scheduler. It's running as admin with "highest privileges" checked. The user it runs under is the local admin of the PC.

Comment

I'd say you might try killing hs3 and do the right click start as admin just to see what happens.
                  It's always possible that windows screwed up on loading it properly. :P
                  But doing this will confirm whether there's an issue on how it's loading at bootup.

Comment

Good suggestion, but no change. Only HSBuddy is acting up. We have about a dozen other plugins with no problems.

Comment

Well... I'm at a loss. It's working for me.

Comment

Well, you’re not alone...the same thing has been happening to me.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X