Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

standalone audio interface that doesn't require alexa or google?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standalone audio interface that doesn't require alexa or google?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but are there any standalone audio interfaces that don't require amazon alexa or google to be used?

I'm a little overly paranoid about their services... I'm even thinking about switching back to a flip phone for my personal life.

If there was a standalone device/user interface or some kind of open source technology for homeseer... I'd love to play with it.

Thanks!

HS has supported voice integration for many years prior to Alexa/Google being interested in it and that support should still be there. People had some very complex setups using distributed microphones, microphone mixers and the like but in theory all you needed was a microphone plugged into a computer running the HomeSeer speaker client. I had mixed experiences but we are talking about 10+ years ago now, it uses Microsoft Windows built in speech recognition that has no doubt got better in recent years.

You could give it a try and see how you get on...
    My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
    Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

Working...
    X