Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Cooper Controller Questions

Hi all,

Here's my basic setup: HomeTroller, Z-Troller, many Intermatic wall dimmers, HA07 and HA09 (as secondaries), Cooper tabletop and handheld controllers.

Specifically relating to the Cooper controllers... is there a way to get the scenes on these devices working? As it stands, all I can figure out is using these things to control individual devices. I can also program a scene into the controller directly but when I add new modules and perform a Zwave receive from HomeSeer, it erases everything. And, I am guessing that scenes within HomeSeer need to have compatible dimmers (not the cruddy Intermatic ones).

I guess the general question would be, how do I make best use of these controllers within my setup? I would love to be able to set scenes but do not know the approach.

Thanks for the input.

Make sure you load the latest beta of HomeSeer, as that has better support for Cooper controllers. You can add any device to a Cooper scene, even if its not scene capable. Use the Z-Wave Scenes button in Setup->Interfaces->Manage to create your scene. Or create the scene in the remote and replicate to HS, if you want HS to also trigger the scene.
    website | buy now | support | youtube

Comment

Still a no-go

Thanks Rich -

I am still having troubles with this and am assuming it is me. Please help me verify...

Scenes are not transferring to either the handheld or tabletop Cooper romotes.

1. Click Setup
      2. Click Interfaces
      3. Click Manage (for the ZTroller Serial)
      4. Click Scenes
      5. Set a scene using the Intermatic devices (in Manage Scenes)
      6. Click Save and Test Scene (works fine)
      7. Go back into Manage for the Interface
      8. Ensure that the Cooper remote replication checkbox is on
      9. Click Replicate Send
      10. Cooper Remote: Menu - Settings - Replicate - Receive - From Cooper Controller
      11. Process completes
      12. All scenes on the Cooper now say (Off) - no name and no functionality - when I try to edit a scene on the Cooper it says that there are no scenes.

I am using the beta build of HS2 (.60 I believe)

I have tried resetting the controller before sending data as well with no change.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Comment

Just tried a few other things and still could not get it to work. I also tried performing a receive with HS to get a scene from the Cooper into HS - unfortunately, the remote does not let me do a send.

Any thoughts on the steps I liad out in my last post - where I went wrong?

Thanks!

John

Comment

Update to this version of HomeSeer:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...te2_3_0_82.exe

What is the version of the firmware on your handheld remote?

Comment

I have a Z-Troller with FW 1.13.

I was thinking os switching to the SmartStick for Schlage compatibility. But as the HS beta will not be out for a while I will probably wait and hope for Schlage compatibility with the Z-Troller soon.

I will update HS to .82 and report back soon...

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              Update to this version of HomeSeer:

ftp://ftp.homeseer.com/updates/Beta/...te2_3_0_82.exe

What is the version of the firmware on your handheld remote?

The updater tells me that it is not the correct version for my installation. I have a HomeTroller and it is reporting that HS2 is being installed...

Is this an issue? Let me know before I dig myself into a hole.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
                The updater tells me that it is not the correct version for my installation. I have a HomeTroller and it is reporting that HS2 is being installed...

Is this an issue? Let me know before I dig myself into a hole.

Thanks
                Never mind... I figured out the difference in naming convention... updating now.

Please let me know if there is an issue with ZTroller 1.13 or if I should consider switching to the SmartStick instead.

More is a bit

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Keoni View Post
                  Never mind... I figured out the difference in naming convention... updating now.

Please let me know if there is an issue with ZTroller 1.13 or if I should consider switching to the SmartStick instead.

More is a bit

Thanks
                  No-go with .82...

Using the process that I initially outlined, resetting the Cooper first, there are no scenes transferred to the Cooper and the scene screen now has 2 columns of "Off" instead of the numbers 1-8 that it has by default.

Thoughts, FW version, SmartStick, something else?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Rich - any ideas?

Thank you!

Comment

What is the version of your Cooper remote? You can get that from the tools menu.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        What is the version of your Cooper remote? You can get that from the tools menu.
                        Application: 1.1.4
                        Protocol: 2.40

Thanks

Comment

Bump... :-)

Comment

I am asking Cooper if they have any ideas. It should be working with that version of firmware and the version of HS you have.

Comment

Thanks Rich - please keep me posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X