Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iphone access

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • iphone access

    I am using homeseer and x-10 controls for some very simple basic lighting control. homeseer runs on a computer running windows 7. I can interface remotley using windows pc's thru browser windows, both over my home network and remotly from outside the home.
    I am trying to get up to speed on ways to interface with homeseer thru iphone. On my home network, using my iphone, i just used its Safari web browser, typed in the http://192.168, etc, and brought up the homeseer web interface.
    I am able to click on a device and turn it on or off, but then i can't get the same device to respond again to the off or on command until i refresh the browser window. Each time i refresh the browser window, i can send one on or off command, even to multiple devices (one at a time). then i have to refresh the window again prior to being able to send another command to any of the same devices. Is this the way to interface using the iphone, or is there an app i should be using? If this is the only way to interface thru the iphone without installing the HStouch (that i know nothing about), any thoughts on why i have to refresh the browser window before being able to send another command to a device?

  • #2
    I just chased this problem last night. Come to find out it's a known problem. Only works correctly in IE explorer (Windoz). I use primarily MAC's for every thing except the server I have HomeSeer installed on.

    Pages I have created myself work fine.

    Joe

    Comment


    • #3
      I should have thought to note that i am using IE9 on my computers. You are correct; i installed a copy of Safari on my pc and it does the same thing; it works only once and then you must refresh the browser window and you can again send a command. strange.............i wonder if there is any work in progress to correct this?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bill Harris View Post
        I should have thought to note that i am using IE9 on my computers. You are correct; i installed a copy of Safari on my pc and it does the same thing; it works only once and then you must refresh the browser window and you can again send a command. strange.............i wonder if there is any work in progress to correct this?
        Most users have moved to touch screen interfaces like HSTouch to interface with HomeSeer. This should be fixed in HS3 with the newer javascript interface as well.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Any info about HS3?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Rupp View Post
            Most users have moved to touch screen interfaces like HSTouch to interface with HomeSeer. This should be fixed in HS3 with the newer javascript interface as well.
            This is a similar problem i get with Google Chrome - is it the same "known" issue?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by paul@thekaufs.com View Post
              This is a similar problem i get with Google Chrome - is it the same "known" issue?
              Yes if you are using HS's built in web interface.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Yes if you are using HS's built in web interface.
                Are there better choices than the built in interface?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by paul@thekaufs.com View Post
                  Are there better choices than the built in interface?
                  Yes, most of us are now using HSTouch or our own asp.net pages to control HomeSeer.
                  -Rupp
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X