Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Yet another mobile app

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thanks for the update; the new additions to provide feedback upon load are great.

    On the wish list: a new group similar to the camera group but displaying fixed images from the server (and selected in a configuration). These static images would charts created and updated from charting packages from other plugins/scripts (Jon00 DB Graphing, Jon00 HTML to image, current Cost 3P plugin, Device History plugin,...).


    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
    Hi all,

    I've been able to find time to work on the app again lately. There's new versions available for iOS and Android in their respective app store, as well as a new version of the HS3 plug-in.

    You can get the latest version of HSBuddy for:
    • iOS: from the App Store
    • Android: from the Play Store
    • HS3: go to the plug-in management page on your HS3 server and look under User Interfaces


    This latest update required a change to how settings are stored in the app (for compliance with the Apple and Google app stores). It's likely that you will have to enter your settings again after you update. This is a one-time side effect, future upgrades will keep previous settings intact.

    Here's what's new:
    • New: (iOS) Support for iPhone X native resolution
    • New: Now respects 'Hide from mobile view' setting in HS3
    • New: Support for cameras that require Digest authentication
    • New: Add option to show loading dots on camera images
    • New: Status bar icon shows when app is retrieving state from HS3
    • Fix: Battery status was not showing on z-wave devices
    • Fix: (iOS) Some issues related to screen rotation
    • Fix: (iOS) Add back option to accept any SSL certificate on HTTPS


    I have been sending PM to those who have posted issues in this thread. If I missed you, please send me a PM with the issue you're experiencing and I will try to help. Thank you for being patient!

    Cheers,
    Antonio.

    Comment


    • Problems installing HSBuddy Plug-in

      Hi Antonio,

      I just started using homeseer and wanted to try this app as I wasn't very impressed with HS3Touch on my phone.

      The issue I am having is I went to install the HSBuddy plug-in in my HS3 Windows software (Windows 7) and it shows that it installs fine, but then it never shows up in the list of plug-ins. I only see HSTouch and Z-Wave as plugins. I have tried closing down the HS3 software and starting it again and I received the same issue. When I load the HSBuddy app on my iOS phone and put in my MYHS credentials and click Test Default Connection it gives me the greenlight for my HS3 Server but a red X for HSBuddy Plug-in saying it is not running. I can see it is not running but I can't figure out why it won't install?

      Any ideas?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by spudz View Post
        Hi Antonio,

        I just started using homeseer and wanted to try this app as I wasn't very impressed with HS3Touch on my phone.

        The issue I am having is I went to install the HSBuddy plug-in in my HS3 Windows software (Windows 7) and it shows that it installs fine, but then it never shows up in the list of plug-ins. I only see HSTouch and Z-Wave as plugins. I have tried closing down the HS3 software and starting it again and I received the same issue. When I load the HSBuddy app on my iOS phone and put in my MYHS credentials and click Test Default Connection it gives me the greenlight for my HS3 Server but a red X for HSBuddy Plug-in saying it is not running. I can see it is not running but I can't figure out why it won't install?

        Any ideas?
        Hi,

        Are there any errors in the Log in the HS3 server right after installing the plug-in?

        Thanks,
        Antonio

        Comment


        • Hi. I checked the logs and yes I do see an issue. See below..

          ---

          May-11 5:31:39 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Install/Update of package HSBuddy was successful.
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll.config
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.core.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_v2.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_green.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLite-net.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\NVelocity.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.so
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.dylib
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\ImageResizer.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\delete.png
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\checkmark.png
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Humanizer.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\HtmlAgilityPack.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\e_sqlite3.dll
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Installing package HSBuddy
          May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Update HSPI_HSBuddy.exe downloaded successfully
          May-11 5:31:35 PM Updater Downloading update: HSBuddy
          May-11 5:31:35 PM Updater Starting download of updates

          Comment


          • when the HSBuddy plugin is running we get flooded with:
            Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

            .... In the HS3 logs. If I stop the plugin, the log message stop. When I start the plugin back up it seems they start again after a minute or two. Thoughts?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pciccone View Post
              when the HSBuddy plugin is running we get flooded with:
              Dropping event callbacks due to full queue (Type: 1024) (500 entries), system may be too busy, plugins and HSTouch may not receive all device updates

              .... In the HS3 logs. If I stop the plugin, the log message stop. When I start the plugin back up it seems they start again after a minute or two. Thoughts?

              Comment


              • Yep, that fixed it! THank you!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by spudz View Post
                  Hi. I checked the logs and yes I do see an issue. See below..

                  ---

                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_HSBuddy.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Install/Update of package HSBuddy was successful.
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll.config
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.provider.e_sqlite3.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.core.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_v2.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLitePCLRaw.batteries_green.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\SQLite-net.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\NVelocity.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.so
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\libe_sqlite3.dylib
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\ImageResizer.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\delete.png
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\hsbuddy\icons\checkmark.png
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\Humanizer.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\HtmlAgilityPack.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\bin\HSBuddy\e_sqlite3.dll
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe.config
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Installing package HSBuddy
                  May-11 5:31:39 PM Updater Update HSPI_HSBuddy.exe downloaded successfully
                  May-11 5:31:35 PM Updater Downloading update: HSBuddy
                  May-11 5:31:35 PM Updater Starting download of updates
                  Have you installed .NET 4.5 on the HS3 server? If you're running Windows 7 you can get the installer from this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30653

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                    Have you installed .NET 4.5 on the HS3 server? If you're running Windows 7 you can get the installer from this page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=30653
                    Hi. That was it. I didn't realize I didn't have that installed. All good now. Will give it a try shortly. Thanks for the help!

                    Comment


                    • Geo-location

                      Hi all,

                      A new feature for HSBuddy is available today: geo-location. When enabled, the mobile app allows updates your HS3 server with the location of your devices. With the plug-in you can create geofences and add location-based triggers to your events.

                      The new version of the app will be available shortly in both the iTunes or Google Play store. The new version of the plug-in is now available from the HS3 plug-in management page.

                      There is more information available in the online documentation.

                      Screenshots:



                      Adding a location-based event



                      Cheers!
                      Antonio.

                      Comment


                      • On a Galaxy S8 getting a force close when geofencing is enabled, right after giving permission on the location. After that it crashes on each attempted load. I got back in by removing location permission.

                        I sent the feedback on the force close, hopefully it helps debug.

                        Phil

                        Comment


                        • How well does the app Geofencing work on each platform? iOS/Android which is better? I'm currently using egiGeoFence with PHLocation but I'm thinking of getting a new phone and taking things like this into consideration. Thanks!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by pciccone View Post
                            On a Galaxy S8 getting a force close when geofencing is enabled, right after giving permission on the location. After that it crashes on each attempted load. I got back in by removing location permission.

                            I sent the feedback on the force close, hopefully it helps debug.

                            Phil
                            I believe I've found the issue and submitted a new version to the Google Play Store and is now ready to download!

                            Thank you for the heads up.

                            Antonio.
                            Last edited by avargaskun; May 28th, 2018, 12:07 AM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                              How well does the app Geofencing work on each platform? iOS/Android which is better? I'm currently using egiGeoFence with PHLocation but I'm thinking of getting a new phone and taking things like this into consideration. Thanks!
                              I've done more testing in Android than iOS. In my experience, the background location tracking has performed really well.

                              Currently I'm using it with the accuracy level set to medium (no GPS, Cellular + WiFi only) and I'm getting reasonable battery use and very responsive location updates.

                              My testing is mostly based on a simple HS3 event that sends a push notification when the phone enters or leaves a fence of 0.25mi radius around my house (it's the event in the screenshot above). I've been getting the notification each time I leave home or come back reliably each time.

                              Please let me know how it goes if you decide to try it out!

                              Antonio.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                                Thank you for the heads up.
                                No, thank you! It did enable without the crash now. We are testing two devices with events now to see how it handles with "All devices leave" and then "Any device returns" using it in a typical husband/wife household environment with two phones. This is truly an exciting feature. Minor suggestion: Add a "device "is in"/ "not in" status on the clients info page for troubleshooting of users". I assume if a device on the clients screen is not participating (i.e no checkbox, and not enabled on the client) in geofencing it is excluded from the "all devices" during event processing, I have not tested that yet.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X