Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another mobile app

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post

    I just updated the HSBuddy plugin and tried enabling geolocation in the mobile app while using a "direct" connection, and it worked! Fantastic and thanks
    What version are you using? My android app About says 1.0.27 (181472135)
    HS3Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Jobee View Post
      What version are you using? My android app About says 1.0.27 (181472135)
      I have the same Android App version as yourself.

      The update was to the HSBuddy plugin on the HS3 server, plugin version is now 3.9.605.5

      Comment


      • Originally posted by beerguy View Post
        Hi Antonio -
        Have you considered adding dead bolt pin code management to the app? It would be terrific if you could choose a lock and add/delete pin codes and names associated with them. I know Rich exposed that information in the API so it should be possible. I have the information if you need it. It would be a huge addition.

        Thanks.
        Yea, sounds like a good feature to add. Can you send me more information on how to access this configuration through the API?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jobee View Post
          I turned off my wifi and went into the app. I tried the default connection and now it says it timed out. I tried it with and without a username and password. The test result comes back with:

          HS3 Server
          The request timed out

          HSBuddy Plug-in
          The request timed out.

          I also tried putting in my external IP for the server and it still times out. I watched my firewall logs and do not even see an attempt to get to the server.

          My cert is named based

          If I turn back on the wifi, I connect fine both with the default only and the default and local enabled.

          In the HS3 setup there is the section within Network for the Web Server Settings. In your setup directions, do you talk about the first setting in HS3 Web Server Settings called:

          Enable Server for Remote Access

          and if it should be checked or not checked? I have mine checked. I am thinking this is the issue as a mouse over says "If checked will only allow connections from HomeSeer system IP addresses"

          Michael
          Hi Michael,

          Can you try turning off your phone's WiFi and navigating to your HS3 homepage on your phone's web browser? Does that work? I wonder if there is something blocking external connections to your server and, even with only the default connection enabled in HSBuddy, your phone is still hitting the server from within your local network when WiFi is on, rather than going out and back in through your router.

          Also, after trying and failing a connection test, could you send me feedback from the app? (by default you can do this by shaking the phone while the app is open). That will include logs that may help troubleshoot.

          Antonio

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
            I just updated the HSBuddy plugin and tried enabling geolocation in the mobile app while using a "direct" connection, and it worked! Fantastic and thanks
            Fellhahn,

            Since the plugin uses the existing web server within HS3, what do you have for the Web Server settings in HS3? Namely the following?

            Web Server Settings

            Enable Server for Remote Access
            Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images
            Server Port (80=default)
            Log Server Errors
            Inactivity Logout
            Log Remote Logins
            Log Local Logins
            No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)
            Additional Local Subnets, Comma Separated

            I'm most interested in the first one.

            Thanks,

            Michael
            HS3Pro on Win2012R2
            Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
            BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

            Comment


            • Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
              Hi Michael,

              Can you try turning off your phone's WiFi and navigating to your HS3 homepage on your phone's web browser? Does that work? I wonder if there is something blocking external connections to your server and, even with only the default connection enabled in HSBuddy, your phone is still hitting the server from within your local network when WiFi is on, rather than going out and back in through your router.

              Also, after trying and failing a connection test, could you send me feedback from the app? (by default you can do this by shaking the phone while the app is open). That will include logs that may help troubleshoot.

              Antonio
              Thanks for taking the time to help Antonio. I will try that today and send you the log.

              Michael
              HS3Pro on Win2012R2
              Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
              BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

              Comment


              • HiAntonio

                I get this error

                Jun-07 16:23:38 Error Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::SQLite.SQLiteException: Corrupt at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Execute(String query, Object[] args) at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.CreateTable(Type ty, CreateFlags createFlags) at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database.CreateTables() at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database..ctor() at HSPI_HSBuddy.Server..ctor() at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO(String port) Time to load: 689 milliseconds

                Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                Normally this happens when one of the pre-requisites for the plugin is not available in the server. Could you check that's not the case? More info here: http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net/pages/ser...l#requirements

                Otherwise, the following information would be helpful:
                • Any errors showing up in your HS3 logs
                • Your HS3 server configuration (copy/paste from under MESSAGE BOARD in the /help page)


                Thanks,
                Antonio

                Comment


                • Originally posted by theendisnye View Post
                  HiAntonio

                  I get this error

                  Jun-07 16:23:38 Error Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::SQLite.SQLiteException: Corrupt at SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Execute(String query, Object[] args) at SQLite.SQLiteConnection.CreateTable(Type ty, CreateFlags createFlags) at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database.CreateTables() at HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database..ctor() at HSPI_HSBuddy.Server..ctor() at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO(String port) Time to load: 689 milliseconds
                  Sounds like the db got corrupted. Did you perform a server migration? Try deleting or renaming the following file under your HS3 install folder: data/hsbuddy/hsbuddy.db3

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                    So up and running but cant figure out how to show icons and how to go with a color theme. Any pointers appreciated. From phone cant add attachments
                    \

                    ...
                    Attached Files
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

                    HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                    Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

                    Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                      \

                      ...
                      Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Are you using MyHS or direct connection? Could you send me feedback from the app when you get a chance?

                      Comment


                      • Web Server settings:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	for_jobee_1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1197041

                        And then the "Labs" tab:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	for_jobee_2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	1197042


                        Port 80 is actually closed in windows firewall, and access to 443 is only open to the router/proxy and one admin machine. Clients inside the network are still reverse proxied through the routers LAN interface via split DNS.

                        HSBuddy is proving so good that I'm thinking I'll shut down the HSTouch server. No sense having unnecessary ports open into the server that controls your house.

                        Proxy is HAProxy running on a pfsense VM.

                        The authentication in HAProxy and HomeSeer is set to match, which works even though there's two different systems prompting for Basic auth, first the proxy then the HS3 server.

                        Things I also want to investigate: Using the ASCII port, but I'm wondering if it's possible to wrap this up in SSL as well (effectively acting as SSH). If I can't access something the same way inside and outside the network, there's no sense using it. And if I can't encrypt the authentication, then there's no way it's going on the public web.

                        Originally posted by Jobee View Post
                        Fellhahn,

                        Since the plugin uses the existing web server within HS3, what do you have for the Web Server settings in HS3? Namely the following?

                        Web Server Settings

                        Enable Server for Remote Access
                        Allow Web Browsers to Cache Images
                        Server Port (80=default)
                        Log Server Errors
                        Inactivity Logout
                        Log Remote Logins
                        Log Local Logins
                        No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login (Web Browser/HSTouch)
                        Additional Local Subnets, Comma Separated

                        I'm most interested in the first one.

                        Thanks,

                        Michael

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                          Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Are you using MyHS or direct connection? Could you send me feedback from the app when you get a chance?
                          Was myhs. Feedback sent
                          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

                          HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

                          Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

                          Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
                            Was myhs. Feedback sent
                            I can confirm I experience the same issue when I configure my app to use MyHS. For the longest time I've been using direct connection, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is something that changed since in MyHS.

                            I believe I have a fix for this - I will try to get a change out to the stores as soon as possible.

                            Comment


                            • Thanks Antonio, that worked fine. I hadn't performed a server migration. I now seem to be hitting the MyHS issue with blank icons, above, so will be looking to move to a direct connection in the near future.

                              Steve

                              Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                              Sounds like the db got corrupted. Did you perform a server migration? Try deleting or renaming the following file under your HS3 install folder: data/hsbuddy/hsbuddy.db3

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fellhahn View Post
                                Web Server settings:
                                Thank you. We have everything the same except I do not use MyHS server. My proxy is on a different machine also. Then it must be something with my firewall setting on my main firewall.

                                Thanks for providing your info. It actually helps me.

                                Michael
                                HS3Pro on Win2012R2
                                Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
                                BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X