Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pcp
    replied
    Thanks for the update and will give it a try. I have around a 1000 devices and response time is quite different when using a local connection versys MyHomeSeer. Would it be possible to optionally automatically switch between Direct and MyHomeseer connection? For example try the Direct first (which owuld then also enable camera support) and if it fails switch to MyHomeseer?

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    New version: 1.0.8

A new build is available for download. The following are the most notable features:

Device list settings

1. Start with all device groups collapsed by default (does not remember collapsed state across app restarts, but hopefully it's an improvement )
    2. Show or hide the favorite devices tab
    3. Show favorite devices as a flat list (no grouping)

Drag and drop favorites

4. When the favorite list is shown flat, an additional option shows in the context menu: Change order

5. When selected, each item shows a handle next to it. Drag each device from its handle to set the desired order of the list.

The order is persisted across app restarts. The custom order is only applicable when list is shown flat, if grouping is re-enabled alphabetical order is the default for now.

Other changes
    • Fix event filtering. It was broken with the last update.
    • Fix couple areas in the app where settings were not persisted.
    • Minor performance improvements.

Builds

iOS
    Send me a PM if you are a new user as iOS requires device authorization

Android (all versions)

Android (Lollipop or newer)

Feedback

If you run into an issue or weird behavior in the app, shake your phone from the screen you're at and fill in the information in the feedback report screen that shows up.

Suggestions for new features are welcome through the app or through the board.

Coming next

3D Touch for iOS: Launch into a device page, control a device or run an event from the home screen.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Request for feedback

Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
    +1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.
    I would like to run your scenario locally to figure out ways to speed things up in the app. Could you send me a feedback report through the app? In the app, go to the area that is slow (I presume the devices list) and shake the phone, that should bring up a dialog to submit feedback (unless you previously disabled that behavior in the feedback settings).

Thanks you!
    Antonio.

Leave a comment:

• hjk
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
    +1 on remembering last open. I have 32 rooms and thousands of devices. It took 15 minutes just to collapse everything. Even with everything collapsed, I have some rooms with hundreds of devices. It is still very sluggish with those larger rooms.

Other than slowness, this is exactly what I have been looking for...however if the speed issue can't be fixed then it will be unusable.

So, color me intrigued... Might I humbly request a picture of this room? It must be massive to have so many devices! Unless you use the 'room' designation for alternate purposes like many of us do. I am thinking you must be doing some cool stuff that would give us ideas!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MrMxyzptlk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pcp
    replied
    Nice work!

Upon restart of the application or refresh, could it remember the collapsing for events and devices as it was last time? At a minimum a configuration option to select if initially collapsed or not would be great.

I selected the option to hide one event group, but the group and events still should up in the event list.

An option to rearrange the order of items in the device or event favorites would be welcome.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Another update: v1.0.7

Ready for download is a new version of the app with 2 new features:
    • Enabling connection to the ASCII port in HS3. When this is enabled, the app is updated real-time as devices change their values. You can can forward the ASCII port on your router if you want to access it from outside your home network. This feature does not work through MyHomeSeer unfortunately.
    • Collapse groups of devices and events in the list view. Individual groups can be collapsed and there's also an option to collapse all. Combined with the ability to hide devices (added on v1.0.6) I hope this improves usability of the app for people with many devices.

I really appreciate all the feedback so far. Please let me know if you run into any issues with the new features. Ideas for new features are welcome as well

Screenshots

Collapsed device groups and new options button:

Options menu:

ASCII port settings under Server:

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    New release: v1.0.6

Thank you all for the feedback you've been sending through board messages and from within the app.
    I have just published a small update to address a couple of common requests:

Hiding devices
    1. Go into the device details view by tapping on a device from the device list.
    2. There is a new setting Hide from view. When checked, device will not be shown by default in the list.

Multi-selecting devices
    1. At the top of the list of devices tap on the checkbox icon to start selecting multiple devices
    2. Select one or more devices and use the buttons at the top to modify all selected devices at once

• Tap on the heart icon to add them to favorites (or remove them if you are in the favorites list)
    • Tap on the eye icon to hide them (or un-hide them if you are currently viewing hidden devices)
    • Tap on the information icon to select when to show information for each device:

Note: When choosing Default the app will only show status for the device when its current value does not map uniquely to a status image. For example: on/off devices will not show text status, dimmed devices will show text status when their value is other than 0% or 100%, etc.

Builds

iOS

Android (all versions)

Leave a comment:

• Richel
    replied
    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
    I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page....
    I downloaded and installed the android version for a general android OS on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It works very well! Thank you for making this app and allowing us to use it.

Elliott

Leave a comment:

• naellis
    replied
    +1 for Windows 8.1 app

Leave a comment:

• MrMxyzptlk
    replied
    Lollipop version working well, just as fast as HSTouch.
    Keep up the great work.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    New release 1.0.5 plus native Android 5.0+ build

I got time to release a small update over the weekend, which is the ability to quickly take an action on a device without having to navigate to the device details page. To activate the quick action view, simply long-press an item in the device list and the dialog will show up. The dialog will be hidden when an action is taken or if you tap anywhere else in the screen:

Also, I put together a build for Android 5.0 or newer which has a much smaller APK size, and should in theory run faster. I have not tested this build beyond an emulator. If you download this version to your phone please let me know how it goes!

Builds:

iOS

Android (all versions)

Leave a comment:

• bartbakels
    replied
    Hi,

I would love to test hte IOS version, how do i join

Bart

Leave a comment:

• MrMxyzptlk
    replied
    Working great on my Galaxy Note 5 (Lollipop).
    Looking forward to the 5.0 only app, and hiding devices.
    I have over 1500 and it takes a little time to load and scroll, although the favorites works fine for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• IanIreland
    replied
    I would steer you towards the Win 10 Universal app. That way you get PC, tablet and phone all at once.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X