Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Yet another mobile app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi! I have this issue with the app... says hsbuddy not running. In the pluggin management it says "INFO: Plugin start is pending", I've been using it only for 4 days and today it started not reporting location.
    any ideas what might be the issue?
    tanks
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tried updating. Says successful, but version number never changed. Uninstalled old hsbuddy and attempted to install new one.
      Now it doesn't show up in the plugin list!
      Help!

Comment

• I've had this same issue with the pending thing too.

Comment

• I tried updating to the 3.11.... Says successful, but never shows up as updated. Uninstalled old HSbuddy and installed the new version available. it said successful but nothing appears anymore!

Any ideas ? thank you

Comment

• Originally posted by ilaus View Post
            I tried updating to the 3.11.... Says successful, but never shows up as updated. Uninstalled old HSbuddy and installed the new version available. it said successful but nothing appears anymore!

Any ideas ? thank you
            Hello! This has been fixed in the latest version, released earlier today: 3.11.1219.0

Thanks!

Comment

• To everyone who's had trouble getting the plugin to start recently, I have uploaded a newer version (3.11.1219.0) that supports the latest version of HS3. Depending on the type of hardware running HS3, the plugin can take up to a minute to start up. If you've had been having troubles related to this, please make sure you're on the latest version of the plugin and if you are still experiencing issues please send me a PM with any suspicious information in the logs.

Thanks!

Comment

• Thanks!
                No problem installing and enabled under a second.

Comment

• Just a heads up to anyone setting up HSBuddy and using Pi-Hole - you'll have to whitelist onesignal.com to enable notifications. Just realized today why I wasn't getting notifications recently!

Comment

• My Log keeps showing errors for HSbuddy Every 15 minutes. I created a thread below, since this thread has 425+ responses.

I've noticed errors messages in my log related to HSBuddy.
                    it shows "failed to cleanup the devices table..." about every 15 minutes. It also has messages "failed to vacuum database..."

Any thoughts? Is this concerning?
                    thanks

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...-devices-table

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy log 2019-12-20 220948.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1349718

Comment

• Hi, just started playing with this. Logged in with myhs. Devices are showing. Events are blank? I assume that the connection is working otherwise I wouldn't get the device information.

Turned on debug mode - don't see anything about events or errors othe than this: In JSON request getting events: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As an aside I noticed I don't get any events in the homeseer iPhone app either and get the same error when accessing events. I will post there as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                        Hi, just started playing with this. Logged in with myhs. Devices are showing. Events are blank? I assume that the connection is working otherwise I wouldn't get the device information.

Turned on debug mode - don't see anything about events or errors othe than this: In JSON request getting events: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As an aside I noticed I don't get any events in the homeseer iPhone app either and get the same error when accessing events. I will post there as well.
                        Hello. Did you figure out this issue? HSBuddy uses the JSON API from HomeSeer to enumerate events - it sounds like there may be something going on with the HS3 server. If you are still running into this send me a PM. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
                          My Log keeps showing errors for HSbuddy Every 15 minutes. I created a thread below, since this thread has 425+ responses.

I've noticed errors messages in my log related to HSBuddy.
                          it shows "failed to cleanup the devices table..." about every 15 minutes. It also has messages "failed to vacuum database..."

Any thoughts? Is this concerning?
                          thanks

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...-devices-table

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy log 2019-12-20 220948.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1349718
                          Hello! Not sure what is going on with your HSBuddy database but something seems to have corrupted the history DB. If you update to the latest version of the plugin you will find in the HSBuddy>Configuration page a button to "Erase All" history. Hopefully this will take care of that recurring error.

Comment

• Originally posted by baudfather View Post
                            Just a heads up to anyone setting up HSBuddy and using Pi-Hole - you'll have to whitelist onesignal.com to enable notifications. Just realized today why I wasn't getting notifications recently!
                            Thanks for reporting this. I've added a note to the documentation for the plug-in: Known issues

Comment

• Quick note everyone: If you are using the push notifications feature, the text of the notification now supports Using replacement variables

Comment

• Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hello. Did you figure out this issue? HSBuddy uses the JSON API from HomeSeer to enumerate events - it sounds like there may be something going on with the HS3 server. If you are still running into this send me a PM. Thanks!
                                This was an issue with homeseer. Their native app was doing the same thing. The advice from them was to make sure the user for myhs was setup correctly as a valid homeseer user. It was. Bit I deleted and recreated it and events show in both apps. Then they started not showing again for no reason. Now they are showing. So I doubt the original issue was with my user setup but something else going on. For now it is working but nothing to do with you app. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X