Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simonmason
    replied
    Just to clarify - based on my testing you have to use the same login if you are using myhs. I believe you can get around this by signing up for myhs pro which I think allows you to create multiple logins for myhs and also connect to multiple HS installations. I assume the only way you can setup multiple users to login hsbuddy is through the direct method?

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    I want to add the app onto the phones of other family members in order to trigger events based on their proximity. Each of their apps has a unique client name in the settings. Should I be using the myhomeseer connection. Should I set them up with unique usernames and passwords for homeseer or can they all share the same login? What is the recommended approach? Thanks.
    You can use the same login for all of them but I would recommend creating different users for different family members. This would make it possible to set different permissions on devices for different users if that's something you'd like to do later.

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    I want to add the app onto the phones of other family members in order to trigger events based on their proximity. Each of their apps has a unique client name in the settings. Should I be using the myhomeseer connection. Should I set them up with unique usernames and passwords for homeseer or can they all share the same login? What is the recommended approach? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• aellender
    replied
    I rebooted HS and the problem is no longer there.

Leave a comment:

• aellender
    replied
    I just installed HSBuddy on my iPhone 7 and try to connect through https://myhs.homeseer.com and get an error HS3 Server JSON Frame Errorunexpected identifier "HTTP". I also get HSBuddy Plug-in JSON parser error Unexpected identifier "HTTP" Please advise.

Leave a comment:

• CinBRandon
    replied
    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hello! Not sure what is going on with your HSBuddy database but something seems to have corrupted the history DB. If you update to the latest version of the plugin you will find in the HSBuddy>Configuration page a button to "Erase All" history. Hopefully this will take care of that recurring error.
    Just updated, and got this warning: " WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

"HSBuddy iOS App is still connecting and working"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy Plugin 2019-12-31 134320.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1350855

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hello. Did you figure out this issue? HSBuddy uses the JSON API from HomeSeer to enumerate events - it sounds like there may be something going on with the HS3 server. If you are still running into this send me a PM. Thanks!
    This was an issue with homeseer. Their native app was doing the same thing. The advice from them was to make sure the user for myhs was setup correctly as a valid homeseer user. It was. Bit I deleted and recreated it and events show in both apps. Then they started not showing again for no reason. Now they are showing. So I doubt the original issue was with my user setup but something else going on. For now it is working but nothing to do with you app. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Quick note everyone: If you are using the push notifications feature, the text of the notification now supports Using replacement variables

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by baudfather View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone setting up HSBuddy and using Pi-Hole - you'll have to whitelist onesignal.com to enable notifications. Just realized today why I wasn't getting notifications recently!
    Thanks for reporting this. I've added a note to the documentation for the plug-in: Known issues

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by CinBRandon View Post
    My Log keeps showing errors for HSbuddy Every 15 minutes. I created a thread below, since this thread has 425+ responses.

I've noticed errors messages in my log related to HSBuddy.
    it shows "failed to cleanup the devices table..." about every 15 minutes. It also has messages "failed to vacuum database..."

Any thoughts? Is this concerning?
    thanks

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...-devices-table

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy log 2019-12-20 220948.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1349718
    Hello! Not sure what is going on with your HSBuddy database but something seems to have corrupted the history DB. If you update to the latest version of the plugin you will find in the HSBuddy>Configuration page a button to "Erase All" history. Hopefully this will take care of that recurring error.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    Hi, just started playing with this. Logged in with myhs. Devices are showing. Events are blank? I assume that the connection is working otherwise I wouldn't get the device information.

Turned on debug mode - don't see anything about events or errors othe than this: In JSON request getting events: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As an aside I noticed I don't get any events in the homeseer iPhone app either and get the same error when accessing events. I will post there as well.
    Hello. Did you figure out this issue? HSBuddy uses the JSON API from HomeSeer to enumerate events - it sounds like there may be something going on with the HS3 server. If you are still running into this send me a PM. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• simonmason
    replied
    Hi, just started playing with this. Logged in with myhs. Devices are showing. Events are blank? I assume that the connection is working otherwise I wouldn't get the device information.

Turned on debug mode - don't see anything about events or errors othe than this: In JSON request getting events: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

As an aside I noticed I don't get any events in the homeseer iPhone app either and get the same error when accessing events. I will post there as well.

Leave a comment:

• CinBRandon
    replied
    My Log keeps showing errors for HSbuddy Every 15 minutes. I created a thread below, since this thread has 425+ responses.

I've noticed errors messages in my log related to HSBuddy.
    it shows "failed to cleanup the devices table..." about every 15 minutes. It also has messages "failed to vacuum database..."

Any thoughts? Is this concerning?
    thanks

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/us...-devices-table

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy log 2019-12-20 220948.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	148.9 KB
ID:	1349718

Leave a comment:

• baudfather
    replied
    Just a heads up to anyone setting up HSBuddy and using Pi-Hole - you'll have to whitelist onesignal.com to enable notifications. Just realized today why I wasn't getting notifications recently!

Leave a comment:

• Ferret
    replied
    Thanks!
    No problem installing and enabled under a second.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X