Yet another mobile app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Hello! Not sure what is going on with your HSBuddy database but something seems to have corrupted the history DB. If you update to the latest version of the plugin you will find in the HSBuddy>Configuration page a button to "Erase All" history. Hopefully this will take care of that recurring error.
    Just updated, and got this warning: " WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

"HSBuddy iOS App is still connecting and working"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Homeseer HSBuddy Plugin 2019-12-31 134320.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1350855

Comment

• I just installed HSBuddy on my iPhone 7 and try to connect through https://myhs.homeseer.com and get an error HS3 Server JSON Frame Errorunexpected identifier "HTTP". I also get HSBuddy Plug-in JSON parser error Unexpected identifier "HTTP" Please advise.

Comment

• I rebooted HS and the problem is no longer there.

Comment

• I want to add the app onto the phones of other family members in order to trigger events based on their proximity. Each of their apps has a unique client name in the settings. Should I be using the myhomeseer connection. Should I set them up with unique usernames and passwords for homeseer or can they all share the same login? What is the recommended approach? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by simonmason View Post
            I want to add the app onto the phones of other family members in order to trigger events based on their proximity. Each of their apps has a unique client name in the settings. Should I be using the myhomeseer connection. Should I set them up with unique usernames and passwords for homeseer or can they all share the same login? What is the recommended approach? Thanks.
            You can use the same login for all of them but I would recommend creating different users for different family members. This would make it possible to set different permissions on devices for different users if that's something you'd like to do later.

Comment

• Just to clarify - based on my testing you have to use the same login if you are using myhs. I believe you can get around this by signing up for myhs pro which I think allows you to create multiple logins for myhs and also connect to multiple HS installations. I assume the only way you can setup multiple users to login hsbuddy is through the direct method?

Comment

• The last two days I have returned home to a paralyzed house. Checking the server I find that hsbuddy has crashed? Any thoughts?

Faulting application name: HSPI_HSBuddy.exe, version: 3.11.1229.18, time stamp: 0x5e0905ab
                Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.24545, time stamp: 0x5e0eb7f5
                Exception code: 0xe0434352
                Fault offset: 0x0000c5af
                Faulting process id: 0x13ec
                Faulting application start time: 0x01d5cc87dda09d21
                Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_HSBuddy.exe
                Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
                Report Id: 2c9a0773-387b-11ea-b89f-d050993e3013

Comment

• There is another way. When you install HSBuddy on a phone, each one shows up as a client.
                  When you set up an event, you can use the geofence and pick which device (client) to run that event.

avargaskun I'm still wondering when the hsbuddy app will be fixed to change the heat/cool setpoints on my thermostat.

simonmason Have you updated windows lately? I haven't had any problems with hsbuddy crashing hs3.

Comment

• Ferret My server is running Windows 7 Enterprise. I keep it updated all of the time.

Comment

• Heh. Not anymore. Win7 hit it's EOL 2 days ago.
                      You might wanna upgrade.

Comment

• It's on the list!

Comment

• I narrowed down the crashing. It started happening when I switched the geofence sensitivity on my phone to high. It crashes without fail each time I come home - heading in my house with a geofence. I think it is also happening when I head into my office which is also setup with a geofence. I have turned sensitivity down to low to see what happens. I will post here if it crashes again - or not.

Comment

• Ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by simonmason View Post
                              I narrowed down the crashing. It started happening when I switched the geofence sensitivity on my phone to high. It crashes without fail each time I come home - heading in my house with a geofence. I think it is also happening when I head into my office which is also setup with a geofence. I have turned sensitivity down to low to see what happens. I will post here if it crashes again - or not.
                              Hello! Once you confirm if this fixes the issue, it would be really helpful to investigate further if you could do the following:
                              • Set the HSBuddy plug-in logging to "Debug" (in the plug-in configuration page)
                              • Set the geofence sensitivity to "High"
                              • Go into a geofence that causes the plugin to crash
                              • Send me the contents of your HS3 log including the last few seconds leading up to the plug-in crash
                              Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferret View Post
                                avargaskun I'm still wondering when the hsbuddy app will be fixed to change the heat/cool setpoints on my thermostat.
                                Hi! I saw your bug report but it didn't have enough info to investigate. If you could do the following it would be really helpful:
                                • Enable "Send on shake" and "Submit application logs" from the "Feedback" section of the HSBuddy app
                                • Navigate to the device details page for your thermostat that is lacking the options to control the set points
                                • Shake the phone and complete the bug report
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X