Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another mobile app

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Thanks you! I like how it organizes the info out of the box and let's you select your favorites.

    The change log is saying that the plugin can retrieve cameras from UltraNetCam3, though dos not (yet?) seem to be the case. Using the latest and wit the plugin installed (log is saying client connected), the camera setting page in the iPhone app does not list UltraNetCam3 as choice (only HSTouch). Do I need to configure something else?

    Comment


    • #77
      New plugin and app versions

      Thanks to those who've helped test the earlier version of the plug-in. I'm releasing a new version of plugin and app that will address some of the issues found in the previous release, including:
      • It is no longer necessary to open any ports on your home server. All operations, including cameras, now work with the JSON apis.
      • Which also means that, cameras are now fully supported when connecting through MyHomeSeer
      • Added support for UltraNetCam3, for real this time (thanks pcp)
      • The plugin has fewer dependencies when running on Linux - should be able to run without installing any additional packages (if you still run into problems, try installing mono-devel first)
      • Fixed a few more bugs in the app.


      To get the new versions:


      Cheers!

      PS. I'll work on getting the plugin listed under the BETA section of the updater to make the upgrade process easier.

      If you want to earn extra credits and help me test the updater, you can install the plug-in following these steps instead:
      1. Download the updater_override.txt file and place in your HS3 installation folder.
      2. In HS3 go to PLUG-INS -> Manage and click on Update Listing
      3. From under Overrides select HSBuddy and click Download and install
      4. Remove the updater_override.txt file
      5. You may need to disable/enable the plug-in once it is installed to force it to restart.

      Comment


      • #78
        Worked flawlessly!

        So, I followed your instructions for downloading the plugin through HS3 plugin manager, with the use of the override text file. Installation was flawless. I have installed the latest version of HSBuddy on my android phone. Images from my cameras are there. Thank you so much!

        Elliott

        Comment


        • #79
          Upgraded without issue

          I updated the plugin using the updater_override.txt file and worked without issues. I also updated the ios app and showing (UltraNetCam) cameras using MyHomeSeer worked fine from a remote location (i.e. cell connection). Thank you and nice work!

          Comment


          • #80
            I used the updater method and it worked flawlessly.
            The connection and views of my devices appear to be much quicker in this version?

            Comment


            • #81
              Is there a way to group devices, like in the HS3 web interface?

              They seem to get 'split up' if I go to say the living room, a device that may have had 4 children may all be 'separated' by other devices in that room.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by MrMxyzptlk View Post
                Is there a way to group devices, like in the HS3 web interface?

                They seem to get 'split up' if I go to say the living room, a device that may have had 4 children may all be 'separated' by other devices in that room.
                I was just going to post this. I like to keep my devices grouped (eg: PHLocation) so that they are easy to read
                Maybe make it an option
                Cheers,
                Bob
                Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                Comment


                • #83
                  Thanks for trying the app and the feedback! I've added this as something to look into: 'keep related devices (parent/child) grouped together'.

                  Also, general FYI, the HSBuddy plug-in is now available under the Beta section of the 'Interfaces and Add Ons' page, so there should be no need to use the updater_override.txt method to get updates. Thanks for everyone who helped test the updater

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                    Thanks for trying the app and the feedback! I've added this as something to look into: 'keep related devices (parent/child) grouped together'.

                    Also, general FYI, the HSBuddy plug-in is now available under the Beta section of the 'Interfaces and Add Ons' page, so there should be no need to use the updater_override.txt method to get updates. Thanks for everyone who helped test the updater
                    Awesome - app looks great by the way
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Where are the favorites stored?
                      If they are in the app, is it possible to have an option to save them in a file on the HS3 machine thru the plugin
                      That way everybody using the app is seeing the same thing
                      Cheers,
                      Bob
                      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        One more thought...

                        For the direct connection type... is it possible to have a internal and external URL and the app would use the internal one if it was on my wifi and if not at home it would use the external one
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Great suggestions. Now that I have a working plugin the ability of storing information on the server is there and I'll probably be getting to features like persisted favorites soon. Currently they are stored locally only.

                          I've also written down a future improvement to connect to different addresses based on wifi configuration.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                            Great suggestions. Now that I have a working plugin the ability of storing information on the server is there and I'll probably be getting to features like persisted favorites soon. Currently they are stored locally only.

                            I've also written down a future improvement to connect to different addresses based on wifi configuration.
                            Great news
                            Any plans to allow the realtime view of the HS3 log (maybe configure how many rows to show in the plugin and it reads the value from there)

                            Great work
                            Cheers,
                            Bob
                            Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              This is funny, I've been working on my own Android app (very similar UI) and realized I needed a plugin/backend for it to connect to since the JSON API is very limited.

                              Any chance you want to host the source for the plugin on GitHub so others can help you with it? Ditto w/ the app source code? I was going to release mine soon enough, just need to polish off a few more things.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by holmes View Post
                                This is funny, I've been working on my own Android app (very similar UI) and realized I needed a plugin/backend for it to connect to since the JSON API is very limited.

                                Any chance you want to host the source for the plugin on GitHub so others can help you with it? Ditto w/ the app source code? I was going to release mine soon enough, just need to polish off a few more things.
                                Thanks holmes. I will send you a PM to follow up

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X