X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avargaskun
    started a topic Yet another mobile app

Yet another mobile app

One of my New Year's resolutions was to write my first mobile app. After thinking for a while about what app to write, I ended up with yet another mobile app for HomeSeer. The motivation for the app was to come up with something that was clean and straightforward - to get in and out of the app very quickly. After a while I realized I was using the app regularly and I thought maybe it would be useful for other people here as well.

Update

You can now get the HSBuddy for:
    • iOS: from the App Store
    • Android: from the Play Store
    • HS3: go to the plug-in management page on your HS3 server and look under User Interfaces

Some of the features available include:
    • Explore and control devices (turn on the lights, open your garage door)
    • List and run events
    • View history of device state changes *
    • Monitor your home cameras **
    • Create shortcuts on your home launcher
    • Receive push notifications *
    • Browse your HomeSeer controller logs *
    • Connect to your server directly (WiFi) or remotely (via MyHomeSeer). You can setup both connection types and HSBuddy will choose the best available connection.

* Requires installing the HSBuddy HS3 plug-in on your server
    ** Compatible with certain HS3 camera plug-ins

For more information and troubleshooting help, go to http://hsbuddy.avglabs.net

Some screenshots:

Last edited by avargaskun; June 4th, 2018, 12:41 AM.

• jacobegan
    replied
    Love HS Buddy! When using HSTouch, is there any way to show a map of a clients location? Example, from my wall mounted touch screen, I want to create a screen that shows "tracking" this screen would display the current location of all clients. Either individually or all on one map together. Has anyone done this, is it possible?

Leave a comment:

• dem5867
    replied
    Originally posted by Wimster View Post
    Brilliant addition to HS3!

My plugin version is 3.9.610.5 and I keep on seeing this error in the HS3 logs:

The plugin seems to be working as expected but I'm curious as to why.

Thanks!
    Seeing the same thing.. TIA DEM

Leave a comment:

• Wimster
    replied
    Brilliant addition to HS3!

My plugin version is 3.9.610.5 and I keep on seeing this error in the HS3 logs:

Calling HSEvent in plugin HSBuddy, Instance :The given key was not present in the dictionary
    The plugin seems to be working as expected but I'm curious as to why.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• rpalmer68
    replied
    Originally posted by adwuk View Post
    I have since discovered that the phone location was being updated every 4-5 seconds (only when on the move) over the whole day!

One suggestion to help with this might be a minimum update interval, defined in the client app. We'd probably set it at something like 5 minutes.
    Hi,

I'm LOVING HSBuddy and its Geofencing and notifications, so thank you for developing this.

I too am having the issue as quoted, HSBuddy is updating my location data every few seconds when I'm travelling to work (90 minutes) so my battery life is greatly reduced.

I can see when not moving HSBuddy reduces the update frequency, but would there be a way of perhaps the Server plugin controlling the update frequency based on the proximity to a geofence location? So as you move further away from a defined geofence location updates slow down, and in reverse as you get closer to a location update frequency increases?

Having a settable update frequency isn't ideal as when I drive home I can easily go from outside my geofenced area to inside it and actually home within a minute or two, so having a 2 or 3 minute update frequency wouldn't work.

Thanks
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• JSC
    replied
    The ability to send a push notification to Android devices is great. Is this plugin function exposed to script (hs.PluginFunction) and if so, what are the parameters?

If it's not available could it be exposed in a future release of HSBuddy? This would give a great deal more flexibility in the data sent through notifications.

Leave a comment:

• will.i.am
    replied
    I seem to have lost many of the icons for lights on/off, motion and battery. I still have some icons for temperature, luminance, etc. The controls still work, just no icon. I am on 1.0.29. Not sure when it was updated, but everything was working fine until recently.

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    avargaskun

A few Questions...

Should device history work for all devices? Using PHLocation and I'm only seeing history on one out of many devices. I have 2 users and it shows history for 'Address URL' on one user, but not the other. And doesnt have history on 'Address' (the physical mailing address) for either user.

Also, I sent you a support message in the app but I'll also ask here...
    Any plans to support Dashboard screens? Would love to replace Imperihome with your all but I must have a Kiosk style capabilities (just far easier for wall mounted tablets, guests to use, and simply every day control and status).

btw... your app is 100x better than Homeseer Mobile. Will you be getting a dedicated Forum section - your app should have it!

Leave a comment:

• Twinlead
    replied
    I upgraded to the latest official HomeTroller SEL release .500 and HSBuddy now works, But I still get the following message in the plug-in manager when I start HSBuddy:
    hsbuddy warning: Failed to get interfacestatus from hsbuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.
    When I test the connection in the IOS app, it shows Test results HS3 Server v. 3.0.0.500 has check mark
    HSBuddy Plug-in - error, plug-in not running

Leave a comment:

• adwuk
    replied
    My wife and I are using HSBuddy quite a bit with our HS3 Pi based system. We have two phones (1 Android and 1 iPhone), and the latest version 1.0.29 on both. The iPhone background problem with location reporting certainly seems to be sorted. Previously the iPhone would just hang, and the app would have to be killed and restarted - not any more - however today the app's position reporting killed the battery - accounted for about 70% battery usage over a 12 hour period. I have since discovered that the phone location was being updated every 4-5 seconds (only when on the move) over the whole day! It coped well with a mix of both WiFi and Mobile data connections of varying types - even areas with no signal.

One suggestion to help with this might be a minimum update interval, defined in the client app. We'd probably set it at something like 5 minutes.

Unfortunately it seems that the latest update has also broken the location reporting on the Android phone. It used to work fine, but as of this latest release it sends one position report and then it stops.

Geolocation is enabled and with medium accuracy on both phones, and we have the server plugin version 3.9.610.5 installed.

I'd love to get this working reliably - its a great feature.

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Jack, I don't have camera so excuse if this is too basic a question. Looking at the error, I think it does not do auto-discovery and wants you to manually set up the camera via the camera tab in HS3 setup menu.

Leave a comment:

• jackrubin
    replied
    I'm not seeing any sub-topics so I'll just post here - please let me know if I should post somewhere else -

AMCREST CAMERA DOESN'T APPEAR IN HSBUDDY -

I have a single Amcrest camera on my network that was autodiscovered by HSTouch. I can view it locally and remotely from HSTouch but I can't access it from HSBuddy.

From HSBuddy, I get an error stating "Function not Available" and my HSTouch log shows this error (shown after successful retrieval by HSTouch)
    :
    Jan-21 2:31:39 PM HSBuddy Failed to load information for camera from hspi_HSTouch.ini, entry: urlstream_UnNamed=. System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The URI is empty. at System.Uri.CreateThis (System.String uri, System.Boolean dontEscape, System.UriKind uriKind) [0x00090] in :0 at System.Uri..ctor (System.String uriString) [0x00017] in :0 at HSPI_HSBuddy.Cameras.HomeSeerCameras+d__15.MoveNext () [0x0006c] in <9d46cb9554394ff7a50f37bb6eb66665>:0
    Jan-21 2:31:03 PM HSTouch Server Debug 02:31:03:4753 ~ Sending image, new size for iPhone:iPhone Size: 268680
    My HSTouch configuration is:

Current Date/Time: 1/21/2019 2:42:29 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.475
    Linux version: Linux HS3Pi3v5 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 20 Days 4 Hours 59 Minutes 58 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.0.184
    Number of Devices: 4
    Number of Events: 3
    Available Threads: 377
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    1.2019.112.1676: Wemo

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Jack

Leave a comment:

• drparker151
    replied
    Originally posted by Twinlead View Post
    Ok Drparker151, thank you I see that now when I look in that directory.

However I'm still at a loss as to why some of us cannot get the HS Buddy plugin to run on HomeTroller SEL.
    I am currently running HS3 v. 3.0.0.484

I was running beta HS3, but had issues with Alexa not finding any devices. Support had me back rev to production and Alexa started working again.

Let's post our configs to try and find the differences.

I'm running Ubuntu version 18.04 LTS
    Mono version 5.18.0,225

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Linux version: Linux hs3 4.15.0-43-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 6 14:45:28 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 5 Days 19 Hours 7 Minutes 37 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.0.1.151
    Number of Devices: 491
    Number of Events: 128
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: Chromecast
    3.0.0.54: EasyTrigger
    3.0.0.32: Ecobee
    3.9.610.5: HSBuddy
    3.0.0.29: ImperiHome
    2.0.2.8: JowiHue
    3.0.0.104: LutronCaseta
    3.0.0.40: PHLocation2
    0.0.0.45: Pushover 3P
    3.0.6.7: SDJ-Health
    3.1.0.28: Sonos
    3.0.0.89: weatherXML
    3.0.1.249: Z-Wave

Scripts:
    Sparkman - Z-wave Lock Events
    Jon00 - Device list
    Jon00 - Device Viewer
    Jon00 - Event viewer

Leave a comment:

• Twinlead
    replied
    Ok Drparker151, thank you I see that now when I look in that directory.

However I'm still at a loss as to why some of us cannot get the HS Buddy plugin to run on HomeTroller SEL.
    I am currently running HS3 v. 3.0.0.484

Whenever I try to start the plugin, the plugin manager shows "WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from HSBuddy - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed."

The log shows the following:
    Jan-20 9:26:57 AM Info Plugin HSBuddy with instance: has disconnected
    Jan-20 9:26:54 AM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in HSBuddy
    Jan-20 9:26:54 AM Starting Plug-In HSBuddy loaded in 901 milliseconds
    Jan-20 9:26:54 AM Error Initializing plug-in(1): HSBuddy Instance::System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'HSPI_HSBuddy.Data.Database:k__BackingField' (2) due to: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. at HSPI_HSBuddy.HSPI.InitIO (System.String port) [0x00011] in <9d46cb9554394ff7a50f37bb6eb66665>:0 Time to load: 87 milliseconds
    Jan-20 9:26:54 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin HSBuddy ...
    Jan-20 9:26:54 AM Info Plugin HSBuddy has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49747

Leave a comment:

• ralnet
    replied
    I don't see any images like bathroom light when on

Leave a comment:

Working...
X