Alexa to turn off group of lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alexa to turn off group of lights

Pretty new to Homeseer and Alexa but have it basically working and now playing with different devices and events. I have an Event to turn off all interior lights at once. I want to trigger this via Alexa but naming is akward. I'd prefer to speak the words "interior off" or something similar but seems that anything with the word *off* gets interpreted as triggering the event to a zero state rather than a one (on) state.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Warren

I created a device called Lights. I then created an event that controls all lights. When I speak Alexa turn on the lights it triggers the event to turn on the selected lights. I did another event to turn off the lights.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks. What exactly did you name the event that turns off the lights? and what is the *voice command* field?

Comment

The event name doesn't matter because the Lights device is what is activated. I say Alexa turn on the lights. The device I have named lights is turned on. I have an event trigger on this device turning on and this event does other commands to turn on several lights. The key here is the Lights device isn't a real device it's just a virtual device.
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks. Got it working. What I was missing was that I can set an event to trigger on the *off* state of the device. So when I say the word "off" it actually sets the value to zero and triggers the event.
          Still confused though on the purpose of the "voice command" field. If you can call out a device by name, what it the voice command field used for?

Comment

Working...
          X