X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jlrichar View Post
    Hi Spud,

I've read through the requirements for the plugin and it looks good if you intend to run this plugin and not the Kinect plugin on the same machine. It seems you designed it to be either/or but not both? While it seems possible to run both it also seems inefficient to have both vr engines listening, and confusing conceptually. Would it be possible to add Alexa functionality to the Kinect plugin? Perhaps write this plugin in such a way that if both are installed it makes use of the Kinect resources more efficiently. Your Kinect plugin is fantastic, it would be nice to extend it to include some of Alexa's capabilities. This way using the same physical Kinect it would be possible to ask Kinect to run pre-defined events, and Alexa for less defined (based on skill) device control, and weather and such.
    It is designed so that you can run both Kinect and Alexa plugins at the same time. Right now the Alexa plugin use the Kinect as if it was a dumb microphone. I could (and probably will) add better integration between the 2 so that it can leverage the noise suppression feature of the Kinect, but I don't think that will make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      It is designed so that you can run both Kinect and Alexa plugins at the same time. Right now the Alexa plugin use the Kinect as if it was a dumb microphone. I could (and probably will) add better integration between the 2 so that it can leverage the noise suppression feature of the Kinect, but I don't think that will make a huge difference.
      That sounds good. From what I read the Echo is adept at filtering out music and background noise. I imagine that it is not the Echo, but the alexa api that is doing so? If that is the case, then for alexa the Kinect microphone (which is great) might not make a big difference as you say. Though the kinect is also able to remove audio that is on an input, and that may be useful to improve alexa accuracy.

I have not even downloaded the Alexa plugin yet, but I am excited about the possibilities. At the moment we use one remote kinect that I am running on a LIVA win10 pc. It has fairly meager resources, though it is capable of running the kinect SDK. If I install a remote instance of the Alexa plugin I will need to install the MS server VR package? I imagine it uses some resources just listening for the alexa attention phrase, and it may push the LIVA over the limit. Is it as resource hungry as the kinect SDK? I already do not like how many watts I spend just so the kinect can listen. CPU utilization on the LIVA will get close to max when it gets loud in the room, but rarely dips below 20% with the Kinect plugin running.

Thanks for keeping this exciting--your plugins are great.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Microphone issue resolved

Spud,

I am up and running, solved the microphone issue.

I activated the Homeseer skill and should have results for you this weekend.

did you ever get a reply on when and if the alarms and timers will be available?

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by clafa View Post
          did you ever get a reply on when and if the alarms and timers will be available?
          here is what they said:
          This is a highly requested feature and we have communicated it to our product owners.
          Unfortunately, I am not able to comment on specific timelines for its release!
          https://forums.developer.amazon.com/...9679&tstart=15

Comment

HSPI_Alexa.exe stops working

Spud,

I am testing the Alexa plug-in and I get random failures that the HSPI has stopped working. and a pop-up appears.

Funny thing once I close it the alexa plug-in keeps working.

Let me know if you want me to turn on additional log tracking or something.

Problem signature:
            Problem Event Name: BEX
            Application Name: HSPI_Alexa.exe
            Application Version: 3.0.0.1
            Application Timestamp: 560e90e7
            Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
            Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
            Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
            Exception Offset: 00000000
            Exception Code: c0000005
            Exception Data: 00000008
            OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
            Locale ID: 1033
            Additional Information 1: 0a9e
            Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
            Additional Information 3: 0a9e
            Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Comment

I tried the following but can't deactivate DEP

Spud,

I investigated and I tried the following without success:

"How to remove a program from Data Execution"

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us
              If the error persists, please follow the steps to fix the issue.
              1. Click on the Start menu and then go to the Control Panel.
              2. Click on System Maintenance and then System.
              3. Choose Advanced System Settings.
              4. Under System Properties, select Settings from the Performance section at the top.
              5. Click on the Data Execution Prevention tab.
              6. Select .
              7. Find the executable file for the application that triggered the error.
              8. Select the application causing the error and click Open to add it to your DEP Exceptions list.
              9. Click OK to save your new settings.

I get an error message that this program must run with DEP and you cannot turn of DEP for this program.

Thanks
              Chris

Comment

Fixed with workaround

Spud,

I completely disabled the DEP in Windows using a command.

Disable Data Execution Prevention
                In Windows 7, type cmd in Start Search. Right clickmenu.
                Then, copy paste the following and hit Enter:
                bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff
                I will continue using it to see if the error goes away so I can focus on testing the Alexa plug-in and the "integration" with Homeseer skill.

tks
                Chris

Comment

I'm not having any luck yet. I see my Alexa enabled device in the alexa settings. I also hear my recorded test question 'what time is it' in the alexa history portal, but it also says Voice request not intended for your Alexa device - nothing was returned.

This is the Error I see in the HS3 Log:

Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_Alexa.AVSClient.finishRequest()
                  Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR HTTP Status Code: InternalServerError
                  Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR {"message":null}

Comment

Originally posted by tamu View Post
                    I'm not having any luck yet. I see my Alexa enabled device in the alexa settings. I also hear my recorded test question 'what time is it' in the alexa history portal, but it also says Voice request not intended for your Alexa device - nothing was returned.

This is the Error I see in the HS3 Log:

Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at HSPI_Alexa.AVSClient.finishRequest()
                    Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR HTTP Status Code: InternalServerError
                    Jan-03 7:48:51 PM Alexa ERROR {"message":null}

Enabled voice recognition and it started working. Please ignore post

Comment

Should the device always show up as offline in the alexa settings? Also, should it play prime music or pandora via AVS?

Comment

Originally posted by tamu View Post
                        Should the device always show up as offline in the alexa settings? Also, should it play prime music or pandora via AVS?
                        I never paid attention to the Offline status, I guess it's normal since it's primarily designed for the Echo

currently, Alexa music skills are not supported on AVS applications.

Comment

Thanks. I have not had a lot of time to play with it yet. I notice that in the Alexa portal, my location always gets wiped out, so not sure if something is still slightly off.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                            I never paid attention to the Offline status, I guess it's normal since it's primarily designed for the Echo

currently, Alexa music skills are not supported on AVS applications.
                            I thought I read on their site that timers and alarms were coming soon to AVS, but audiobooks/prime music, etc were already available.

Comment

Similar to DJF3, I'm getting only 'Error' when I try to configure Alexa. I have speech runtime x86 installed per the guide, as well as the English Recognition language package. Any tips?

EDIT: I uninstalled the Runtime, shut down HS3, reinstalled, looks resolved!

Comment

Close but not yet

I have worked through installing the plug in and the other x86 files, set up the two HomeSeer skills but I am unable to discover any devices. I can connect to myhs remotely.

Comment

Working...
                                X