This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to interface HomeSeer with the Alexa Voice Service. It allows to use Alexa with any microphone and speakers connected to your Windows machine (i.e. a replacement for the Echo device)

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the Alexa line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Fixed plugin shutdown
    - Display a message error in config page when Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime x86 is not installed.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; October 2, 2015, 09:06 AM.

Sweet.... Will be playing with it tonight. One question. What would be the attention phrase if you use it with the Kinect device? The one you assigned to Kinect?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
      Sweet.... Will be playing with it tonight. One question. What would be the attention phrase if you use it with the Kinect device? The one you assigned to Kinect?
      the attention phrase would be the one you assign in the Alexa plugin config page, which by default is "Alexa"

Comment

When browsing to ipaddress/alexaconfig I only see "Error"

Code:
        sep-29 22:28:14 WARNING The Alexa plugin hasn't been authorized to access the Al
        exa Voice Service, please go to the config page to authorize.
        sep-29 22:36:46 ERROR Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
        {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 800401
        54 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG
        )).
        sep-29 22:36:47 ERROR Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
        {49428A60-C997-4D0E-9808-9E326C178D58} failed due to the following error: 800401
        54 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG
        )).
        Any idea what the problem could be?

DJ

Comment

Installation went very smoothly , responds very good to attention Frace . Now how do you run event within homeseer? Modify the events with A Alexa trigger?
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by DJF3 View Post
            When browsing to ipaddress/alexaconfig I only see "Error"

Code:
            sep-29 22:28:14 WARNING The Alexa plugin hasn't been authorized to access the Al
            exa Voice Service, please go to the config page to authorize.
            sep-29 22:36:46 ERROR Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
            )).
            sep-29 22:36:47 ERROR Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID
            )).
            Any idea what the problem could be?

DJ
            Have you installed the Microsoft Speech Platform as explained in the user guide ?

If so which one have you installed x86 or x64?

Comment

Spud, how do I run events using Alexa?
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Installation went very smoothly , responds very good to attention Frace . Now how do you run event within homeseer? Modify the events with A Alexa trigger?
                If you want Alexa to trigger a HS event or to control a HS device, you will need Thrag's echo plugin (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176481) or the official HS Echo App (which has not been released yet)

But since you are already using the Kinect plugin I don't see a good reason why you would want to use Alexa to trigger your events rather than the Kinect plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  If you want Alexa to trigger a HS event or to control a HS device, you will need Thrag's echo plugin (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176481) or the official HS Echo App (which has not been released yet)

But since you are already using the Kinect plugin I don't see a good reason why you would want to use Alexa to trigger your events rather than the Kinect plugin?
                  Ok, I thought it was part of the functionality. I can live with that.. One thing I noticed that is doesn't know where it's at. I asked for the time and it gave me a different time???
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I asked my location she told me I was in Seattle...
                    Hector
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I asked my location she told me I was in Seattle...
                      go there: http://alexa.amazon.com/#settings
                      click on your device, and then set your zip code

Comment

Spud,

Can this PI be run remote? In other words leverage the speakers and microphone of the Windows 10 workstation on my office desk?

Chris

Comment

Can I send the voice to the Sonos plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by dcdelong View Post
                            Spud,

Can this PI be run remote? In other words leverage the speakers and microphone of the Windows 10 workstation on my office desk?

Chris
                            Yes this is one of the goal. It is supposed to work right now, but I haven''t tested a remote instance so far. I will test and add some instructions to the user guide

Comment

Originally posted by akraymod3 View Post
                              Can I send the voice to the Sonos plugin?
                              not right now, but it's a feature I want to investigate, i.e use a homeseer speaker client or a media plugin as the speaker for the Alexa plugin

Comment

Working...
                              X