Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Amazon Echo Blue Tooth remote

@Spud,

Here utilize the remote blue tooth microphone for Amazon a bunch.

Have you tried pairing the device to Windows 10?

Trying that today with your plugin.

The other option I have is using a wireless microphone (well high end) purchased many years ago. That said I would have to connect the W10 box to another sound card for microphone input.

Just curious and this would allow me to put the mini Windows 10 computer on the zoned audio system in the house.

Well then Alexa would just be another voice in the house which I could turn on or off via Homeseer. (kind of doing this already).

IE: today mixing TTS from three HS boxes.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

I don't have an echo or the amazon bluetooth remote, so I can't test it with the plugin.

However any microphone (wireless or not) that works with windows, should work just fine with the plugin.

Let me know how your test goes.

Comment

Thank you Spud.

Yeah goofing a bit with Amazon Blue tooth wireless remote didn't go anywhere this morning. That said I have used it talking to the Amazon from the second floor of the home to the family room and it works fine.

The PipoX7 (or other mini PC) would be the replacement here for the Amazon Echo. I could also just put the plugin on the HS3 Ubuntu box in a Wintel VB and it would work the same way. IE: I am mixing Wintel Audio and Ubuntu Audio today from the box.

Also goofing a bit right now with a Lantronix USB to Network device with the Logitech webcam plugged in to it and seeing how it works with the PipoX7 using Lantronix network USB drives. That and my wireless microphone stuff.

Might order something from Amazon this morning. I do not see much other than wireless USB karaoke stuff. I did shut off the Amazon Echo yesterday after turning it on for a bit to play with your stuff.

Wanting a sort of on demand Alexa here if that makes any sense?

Test #1 - Wired or wireless remote USB microphone - just goofing a bit here.

Hardware
      Pipo X7 - initial testing was with a Logitech webcam (with microphone).
      Lantronix Ubox 2100 or DigiUSB Anywhere(have a few of these)
      Logitech combo Webcam / Microphone (have a few of these)
      Pipo X7 running remote Alexa plugin and using networked USB microphone.

Software
      Lantronix/Digi USB network drivers.

The Lantronix box doesn't see the Logitech (just blinks). The Digi USB anywhere does see the Logitech Webcam.

Both of the above didn't work.

Test #2

Hardware - HP Terminal running W7 embedded

Ordered a larger DOM for the HP terminal as it is full at 4Gb.

Test #3

Switched back to PipoX7

- Connected one Kinect to the PipoX7.
      - doing a combo with the PiPoX7 connected to a 16:9 multitouch screen for wall mounting.
      - It would be nice to have talking in box little animated characters pop up. One for Alexa an one for MS Voice font.
      - no issues installing the Kinect drivers.
      Last edited by Pete; October 2nd, 2015, 08:45 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.500 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Intel CPU - Mono 5.18
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.531 (Linux) - ARMBian Ubuntu 18.04 64 bit Arm CPU - Mono 5.20

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation.

Comment

Working...
      X