looking for how to add NFC Tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for how to add NFC Tags

I cant seem to get the NFC tags to work it there any documentation on how to add them to the plug in
    Looked over the help tab and still not getting it. I scan the tag with the plugin but nothing happens

Sure I'm missing a step

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

You add the NFC tags in the plugin.
    You will have to use an app on your phone like "TagWriter" to get the actual tag value. Once you have that you will add that to the new tag in the plugin
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Grab BLControl 1.0.36 from Google Play and you can now write text to a tag right in the app.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Blade what type of value is it looking for or does it matter. I tried to write a tag and im having no luck can you give a few pointers I'm assuming that if it acts on the tag when scanned it would show in the activity in the BLcontrol plugin correct

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

It is plain text you can write to the tag.
          Select the "Write" radio button, then enter in the text in the box at the bottom (I entered "test1") and scan your tag. It should say it was written successfully. I tried it here a few times and it seemed to work fine.
          You would then need to add an NFC tag value in the BLControl plugin in HS and assign an action to it. I just added a tag called "test1" and assigned an action to speak a message.

You will put the NFC app screen back to "Scan" and then scan your tag.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Thanks blade. Works great. Once again awesome plugin and great Support.

Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to hear. I am enjoying it as well. It is nice to have the plugins integrated
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

I have to agree it is a really cool plug in. I think I need to get more NFC tags now. That is probably my favorite feature now that I got it working!!!!!!

Cheers Ken

Comment

I'm not getting this to work. i write

"sleep" in the NFC tag field then hover the phone over an empty nfc tag.
                  All i get is a screen saying "unknown"
                  Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

NFC is enabled on the phone?
                    Very odd. No one else is reporting it not working
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X