Where to put the .gif file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to put the .gif file

Have saved a floorplan as a .gif file and have placed it in my HS2 html folder, but when I try to add a floor plan to the plugin I get 'floorplan file does not exist'

Could someone point me in the right direction of where I should be placing the file.

Ta

When you are adding a floorplan it tells you on the screen where you put them.
    Here is the text from the add floorplan web page

You must specify a file under the html folder of your HomeSeer install (eg: /images/floorplans/firstfloor.gif)
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

You set the path to whereever you keep the floorplan image files on the "maintain floorplans" screen. It can be anywhere you want as long as it's under the html folder.
      Marty
      ------
      XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
      Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Thats what I thought, I must be getting the path wrong, will try again taking more care

Comment

Still no luck.

I placed my file 'Ground.gif' in the HomeSeer HS2 html folder, copied the path exactly into Add floorplan and it comes back with Floorplan file does not exist.

Comment

I set up a folder under html/images to hold the floorplans. It looks like this

Images/Floorplans/first.GIF

I also have files for second.gif and third.gif that look like this.

Images/Floorplans/second.GIF

Images/Floorplans/third.GIF

The folder "floorplans" is one I made and dropped in the images directory and then told BLFolders where to find them.

Maybe it doesn't like being in the straight html folder?? I found it's better to give it it's own folder so you can keep your images straight as opposed to them being thrown in with everything else.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Thanks Marty, that has done the trick

Comment

glad you got it going.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X