This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
    <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
    AND
    <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
    <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
    THEN
    <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.

Comment

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
      Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
      <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
      AND
      <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
      <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
      THEN
      <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.
      You may have already solved this, but I use virtual switches to accomplish this. As a phone enters or leaves a fence, the virtual switch is changed to "At Home", "Away", etc. Use the value of the virtual switch for your condition, i.e. WifeVirtualSwitch device has a value not equal to "At Home". Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X