This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting better and better!

really appreciate your efforts with this. Just sent some extra coffee money.

thanks again

Comment

I couldn't agree more. I just sent you some coffee money... Have some Bailey's with it!
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
        Any chance you could add a function to a button press that would change to a different named dashboard?
        It is possible to do have a button to open a different dashboard as its primary action, but it's not possible to assign a chain of actions to the same widget (e.g. run an event and open a dashboard). As a temporary workaround, one option could be to make the button for the activity (e.g. "Cable TV") open the specific dashboard, and have at the top of the dashboard a button to 'launch' the activity? It's still 2 taps instead of 1, but this setup may be convenient as in cases when the activity is launched differently (e.g. with Alexa, or a physical remote control)

I'll consider this feature, compound actions on a widget, for a future change. Thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

Originally posted by gelessor View Post
          This is getting better and better!

really appreciate your efforts with this. Just sent some extra coffee money.

thanks again
          Originally posted by langenet View Post
          I couldn't agree more. I just sent you some coffee money... Have some Bailey's with it!

Thank you for the support. And thank you for using the app and contributing ideas for new features

Comment

Bummer... but I understand.

Comment

Are homescreen widgets a planned feature? To control devices from the home screen on Android?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiish View Post
                Are homescreen widgets a planned feature? To control devices from the home screen on Android?
                Hi! Potentially but not in the short term. As a workaround you can create homescreen shortcuts to set devices to a particular value. Though certanily not as flexible as a widget.

Comment

Gotcha. thanks for the response!

Comment

It would be nice to implement a NFC function. Set a NFC tag which, when read, can start an event or action.
                    This function could be phone dependent, so that the same NFC tag has a different function e.g for my wife or kids.
                    Since the app. is running on mobile phones the NFC function is already present.

What do you think?

Wil

Comment

I haven’t found a way to imbed a hyperlink which would be great. I guess it’s just laziness but it would be great. I created a virtual device with a device string with the URL and “Click Me” for status which works great in HS but because it is really a html command obviously nothing in HSBuddy. I do have a “Video Link” device created by the Nest plugin that does work in HSBuddy click on the “Click Me” and the ipad browser opens and goes to the Nest site- I haven’t tried to dissect that device yet.

Comment

Does this work with Android 11?
                        I can't get it to enable geolocations. Keep getting the failed to enable service message.

Comment

Any chance we will see this awesome plug-in available in the Amazon Appstore? I want it EVERYWHERE!

Comment

Is it possible for this plugin and app to send notifications to a cell phone which is connected to the WiFi network? Specifically I'm trying to get notified of a loss of home internet service whether at home or out. We run a VPN on our home router and on our phones. Maybe a heartbeat check between the app and the PI with option to send notification via the phone app to make the user aware.

Another question, could be I have something setup incorrectly but I noticed by accident that if the WiFi is turned off on my mobile and hsbuddy is started it loads what appears to be last state of devices and there is no indication that the app is not connected to the PI even after triggering a refresh.

Comment

It would be nice if there was a way to push dashboards out to all devices. That way if I update a dashboard and upload it to server, I can then force all devices to download the new dashboard from the server.

Especially if I had a customer that I was adjusting the dashboard for, it would be nice to make sure they have the latest version.

Comment

I have another request. Right now when you load HSBuddy, even if it can't connect to your Homeseer Server, it seems to show all devices in their last state. So on a casual glance you may look and think everything is fine.

If HSBuddy can't connect to the Homeseer Server it should tell you that. If it still shows the last state the devices were in, it can prompt you that is what it is doing, but there should be some way to tell you that the information that is displayed is not current.

Comment

Working...
                                X