This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
    <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
    AND
    <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
    <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
    THEN
    <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.

Comment

Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
      Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
      <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
      AND
      <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
      <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
      THEN
      <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.
      You may have already solved this, but I use virtual switches to accomplish this. As a phone enters or leaves a fence, the virtual switch is changed to "At Home", "Away", etc. Use the value of the virtual switch for your condition, i.e. WifeVirtualSwitch device has a value not equal to "At Home". Hope this helps.

Comment

Is it possible when adding a device in the dashboard, instead of searching for the device name, the opportunity to search for a device string (ref.nr. from HS).
        When searching for a name there can be a lot of similarities, a ref.nr. is unique.

Thanks

Wil

Comment

Extremely useful and highly functional app! Thank you for HSBuddy.

Feature request: would it be possible to jump to both a Dashboard and a Section (within the dashboard)?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post
            Extremely useful and highly functional app! Thank you for HSBuddy.

Feature request: would it be possible to jump to both a Dashboard and a Section (within the dashboard)?

Thanks!
            Thank you for the suggestion. I've added a board task to keep track of it.

Comment

A few requests:

Since HSBuddy is capable of getting snapshots directly from an IP Camera, any chance it could view the RTSP stream directly? Just looking to view a higher framerate video than 1 snapshot per second.

Push Dashboard updates to clients. Instead of having to get a client to pull a new Dashboard from the server, could we instead Push a Dashboard from the server to the clients?

On that note, it would be nice to do more client management from the server and push it to the clients. Basically I just want a client to sign in to MyHS, and have most customizations pushed to it. Some examples:
              • Local connection info, client just signs in to MyHS account, and pulls local connection info from server
              • Home screen settings, have server tell client what page it should open up to.
              • Force app to run full screen

Copy Dashboards between servers. Sometimes I want the same dashboard on two different servers, be nice to just copy the Dashboard from one to the other, and then just resetup any device associations that don't carry over.

Nested groups. Right now I can't seem to add groups to a group.

Absolutely love the app, I think it should be the standard Homeseer mobile app. Thanks!

Comment

Also, you have talked about this in other threads but wanted to put it forward here. Text could be greatly improved. Here is a status from AK Weather getting a forecast for my house.

It would be really nice if text wrapped if it was to long to fit the width available.

Auto scaling would work as well, but with such a long status it would be unreadable. Really the only way to view this properly is if it wrapped.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
                  Also, you have talked about this in other threads but wanted to put it forward here. Text could be greatly improved. Here is a status from AK Weather getting a forecast for my house.

It would be really nice if text wrapped if it was to long to fit the width available.

Auto scaling would work as well, but with such a long status it would be unreadable. Really the only way to view this properly is if it wrapped.
                  Thank you for the suggestions! I've opened a few items in the backlog:
                  Regarding the text-wrap and auto-size for widgets, this feature is currently in Beta and should be released to all devices soon. If are able to try out the Beta and give feedback on these features feel free to install it from https://testflight.apple.com/join/YcxaaTG2 - you can leave feedback through TestFlight or within Options > Feedback.

Comment

Another item that doesn't seem to automatically sync between devices is the "History includes related devices" toggle.

I setup on my phone that when I press the status icon on alot of devices, it shows me the history of just that device, so I had to turn that toggle off for them.

I pushed my Dashboard to another phone, and that toggle was set to show all related devices, so then I would have to go through on every phone/tablet that I use to turn those toggles off for each device. If that setting would sync through uploading/downloading dashboards that would be ideal.

EDIT: I don't have an iOS device to test out myself, I personally run all Android.

Comment

After using this for the better part of a year, I have very few things that would make it better, but here are my two asks:

1) Android homescreen widget support. This was one thing I LOVED about the Wink app when I was still using it, I could trigger devices and events right from my home screen without ever needing to open the app, and could see device status as well. Super useful.

2) The ability to tailor what buttons are visible on dashboards for a given device. For example, most of my dimmers have the ability to turn on using the last set intensity setting. A useful option to have, but not so much for me since all of my automations revolve around events that trigger specific intensity settings, and I only really want on/off control for any given light on my dashboard. Would keep things cleaner and save space.

Other than those two things, I love the app and hope you continue to support it!

Comment

Originally posted by FooSchnickens View Post
                        After using this for the better part of a year, I have very few things that would make it better, but here are my two asks:
                        Thank you for the suggestions. Captured in the backlog:

Comment

Originally posted by cd36 View Post
                          Another item that doesn't seem to automatically sync between devices is the "History includes related devices" toggle.

I setup on my phone that when I press the status icon on alot of devices, it shows me the history of just that device, so I had to turn that toggle off for them.

I pushed my Dashboard to another phone, and that toggle was set to show all related devices, so then I would have to go through on every phone/tablet that I use to turn those toggles off for each device. If that setting would sync through uploading/downloading dashboards that would be ideal.

EDIT: I don't have an iOS device to test out myself, I personally run all Android.
                          Quick FYI, Beta for 1.0.75 on Android should be available for anyone to join: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...vglabs.hsbuddy

This version has the option to auto-size or auto-wrap text font for device (label only), event and text widgets. It also adds the option to choose font color.

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Quick FYI, Beta for 1.0.75 on Android should be available for anyone to join: https://play.google.com/apps/testing...vglabs.hsbuddy

This version has the option to auto-size or auto-wrap text font for device (label only), event and text widgets. It also adds the option to choose font color.
                            Superb, I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post

Thanks, I loaded it and looks good so far.

Only issue I saw was if I set a device widget to a label, showing device value you have an option to size text to fit but not wrap text so my forecast status still doesn't fit inside that widget.

Any chance of adding wrap text there as well?

Comment

Hi! Thanks for giving it a try. Device label widgets should also support wrap-around in the Beta for 1.0.75. See the screenshot below for an example. However, either auto-fit or wrap-around can be enabled, not both. You need to disable auto-fit option to reveal the wrap-around option.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Word-wrap option.png Views:	0 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	1518036

Comment

Working...
                                X