X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cd36
    replied
    A few requests:

Since HSBuddy is capable of getting snapshots directly from an IP Camera, any chance it could view the RTSP stream directly? Just looking to view a higher framerate video than 1 snapshot per second.

Push Dashboard updates to clients. Instead of having to get a client to pull a new Dashboard from the server, could we instead Push a Dashboard from the server to the clients?

On that note, it would be nice to do more client management from the server and push it to the clients. Basically I just want a client to sign in to MyHS, and have most customizations pushed to it. Some examples:
    • Local connection info, client just signs in to MyHS account, and pulls local connection info from server
    • Home screen settings, have server tell client what page it should open up to.
    • Force app to run full screen

Copy Dashboards between servers. Sometimes I want the same dashboard on two different servers, be nice to just copy the Dashboard from one to the other, and then just resetup any device associations that don't carry over.

Nested groups. Right now I can't seem to add groups to a group.

Absolutely love the app, I think it should be the standard Homeseer mobile app. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by TimSRQ View Post
    Extremely useful and highly functional app! Thank you for HSBuddy.

Feature request: would it be possible to jump to both a Dashboard and a Section (within the dashboard)?

Thanks!
    Thank you for the suggestion. I've added a board task to keep track of it.

Leave a comment:

• TimSRQ
    replied
    Extremely useful and highly functional app! Thank you for HSBuddy.

Feature request: would it be possible to jump to both a Dashboard and a Section (within the dashboard)?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• wimaware
    replied
    Is it possible when adding a device in the dashboard, instead of searching for the device name, the opportunity to search for a device string (ref.nr. from HS).
    When searching for a name there can be a lot of similarities, a ref.nr. is unique.

Thanks

Wil

Leave a comment:

• Kevb
    replied
    Originally posted by info@kaeseler.dk View Post
    Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
    <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
    AND
    <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
    <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
    THEN
    <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.
    You may have already solved this, but I use virtual switches to accomplish this. As a phone enters or leaves a fence, the virtual switch is changed to "At Home", "Away", etc. Use the value of the virtual switch for your condition, i.e. WifeVirtualSwitch device has a value not equal to "At Home". Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• info@kaeseler.dk
    replied
    Geofencing, additional comparators wanted

Hi. I would like to request additional possibilities when creating geofencing events. Now it is only possible to use "enters" or "leaves", however to combine with the current location of other geofencing devices (not entering or leaving right now) would be a nice additional feature. What I am searching for is something like (written in bold):

IF <HSBuddy: geofencing>
    <Juniors iPhone> <enters> <Home>
    AND
    <Wife's iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home> AND
    <My iPhone> <IS NOT @> <Home>
    THEN
    <Control a device> <Junior is home alone> = 'Y'

Similar to the <IS NOT @> comparator a <IS @> could be useful too.

Leave a comment:

• cd36
    replied
    I have another request. Right now when you load HSBuddy, even if it can't connect to your Homeseer Server, it seems to show all devices in their last state. So on a casual glance you may look and think everything is fine.

If HSBuddy can't connect to the Homeseer Server it should tell you that. If it still shows the last state the devices were in, it can prompt you that is what it is doing, but there should be some way to tell you that the information that is displayed is not current.

Leave a comment:

• cd36
    replied
    It would be nice if there was a way to push dashboards out to all devices. That way if I update a dashboard and upload it to server, I can then force all devices to download the new dashboard from the server.

Especially if I had a customer that I was adjusting the dashboard for, it would be nice to make sure they have the latest version.

Leave a comment:

• sbwright
    replied
    Is it possible for this plugin and app to send notifications to a cell phone which is connected to the WiFi network? Specifically I'm trying to get notified of a loss of home internet service whether at home or out. We run a VPN on our home router and on our phones. Maybe a heartbeat check between the app and the PI with option to send notification via the phone app to make the user aware.

Another question, could be I have something setup incorrectly but I noticed by accident that if the WiFi is turned off on my mobile and hsbuddy is started it loads what appears to be last state of devices and there is no indication that the app is not connected to the PI even after triggering a refresh.

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    Any chance we will see this awesome plug-in available in the Amazon Appstore? I want it EVERYWHERE!

Leave a comment:

• Demusman
    replied
    Does this work with Android 11?
    I can't get it to enable geolocations. Keep getting the failed to enable service message.

Leave a comment:

• dwg
    replied
    I haven’t found a way to imbed a hyperlink which would be great. I guess it’s just laziness but it would be great. I created a virtual device with a device string with the URL and “Click Me” for status which works great in HS but because it is really a html command obviously nothing in HSBuddy. I do have a “Video Link” device created by the Nest plugin that does work in HSBuddy click on the “Click Me” and the ipad browser opens and goes to the Nest site- I haven’t tried to dissect that device yet.

Leave a comment:

• wimaware
    replied
    It would be nice to implement a NFC function. Set a NFC tag which, when read, can start an event or action.
    This function could be phone dependent, so that the same NFC tag has a different function e.g for my wife or kids.
    Since the app. is running on mobile phones the NFC function is already present.

What do you think?

Wil

Leave a comment:

• Fiish
    replied
    Gotcha. thanks for the response!

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by Fiish View Post
    Are homescreen widgets a planned feature? To control devices from the home screen on Android?
    Hi! Potentially but not in the short term. As a workaround you can create homescreen shortcuts to set devices to a particular value. Though certanily not as flexible as a widget.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X