X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiish
    replied
    Are homescreen widgets a planned feature? To control devices from the home screen on Android?

Leave a comment:

• gelessor
    replied
    Bummer... but I understand.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by gelessor View Post
    This is getting better and better!

really appreciate your efforts with this. Just sent some extra coffee money.

thanks again
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I just sent you some coffee money... Have some Bailey's with it!

Thank you for the support. And thank you for using the app and contributing ideas for new features

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by gelessor View Post
    Any chance you could add a function to a button press that would change to a different named dashboard?
    It is possible to do have a button to open a different dashboard as its primary action, but it's not possible to assign a chain of actions to the same widget (e.g. run an event and open a dashboard). As a temporary workaround, one option could be to make the button for the activity (e.g. "Cable TV") open the specific dashboard, and have at the top of the dashboard a button to 'launch' the activity? It's still 2 taps instead of 1, but this setup may be convenient as in cases when the activity is launched differently (e.g. with Alexa, or a physical remote control)

I'll consider this feature, compound actions on a widget, for a future change. Thank you for the suggestion!

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I couldn't agree more. I just sent you some coffee money... Have some Bailey's with it!

Leave a comment:

• gelessor
    replied
    This is getting better and better!

really appreciate your efforts with this. Just sent some extra coffee money.

thanks again

Leave a comment:

• gelessor
    replied
    Any chance you could add a function to a button press that would change to a different named dashboard??

I have a dashboard to run events as part of my home theater setup.
    the dashboards are Home Theater, Cable TV, Kodi, PLEX, DVD, Lighting, etc.

It would be great if when I pressed the “Watch TV” button on the “Home Theater” dashboard it would not only run the associated event, but also switch to the “Cable TV” dashboard. Or when I pressed the DVD button it would automatically switch the the “DVD” dashboard that has the DVD player controls.

is something like this possible?

Leave a comment:

• Mediatech
    replied
    Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
    Hey folks,

Starting a thread to capture your ideas of new features that could be built into HSBuddy (either the app or the server plug-in). I know you have previously sent me some via the app built-in bug report tool, or through private messages in the board. I'm hoping that this thread will be a more permanent place to keep track of those ideas.

To start, let me seed the list with the ones in the top of my backlog:
    • User-defined dashboards of devices
    • Add support to connect to multiple servers
    • Controlling timers and counters from their device details page
    • Showing device history as a graph
    • Implement user validation, require special user rights to access certain plug-in functionality
    If you have other ideas or if you want to add details on how any of the ideas above should be implemented, feel free to post below. Thank you for giving the app a try, thank you for leaving a review (if you like it) and sending your bug reports (if you don't).
    Hi, how about adding a device (ZWAVE..whatever) via the QR code on it? Thx

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied

That isn't possible with HSBuddy yet. For the time being, there's a possible workaround using the EasyTrigger plugin from spud - this can be accomplished using a virtual device, a device group and an event. For example, an event to add the kwH measurement from multiple devices would look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.27.39 AM.png
Views:	458
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1449693

Then in HSBuddy a widget for the virtual device can be addd to the dashboard and it will handle value updates like other devices. Fwiw, the EasyTrigger plugin supports much more than just the scenario described above, I use it extensibly on my own HS server.
    Very cool solution. Thank You. I really didn't want to increase the complexities of HS if at all possible.

Would it be possible to add this functionality to HS Buddy in the future? I use a lot of totals in ImperiHome.

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post

Present a Total (Sum) Value
    That isn't possible with HSBuddy yet. For the time being, there's a possible workaround using the EasyTrigger plugin from spud - this can be accomplished using a virtual device, a device group and an event. For example, an event to add the kwH measurement from multiple devices would look something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-20 at 9.27.39 AM.png
Views:	458
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	1449693

Then in HSBuddy a widget for the virtual device can be addd to the dashboard and it will handle value updates like other devices. Fwiw, the EasyTrigger plugin supports much more than just the scenario described above, I use it extensibly on my own HS server.

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied

There is a way to create a 'group' widget - the combination of 2+ widgets that display as if it was a single widget. What kind of visual result do you have in mind?
    Present a Total (Sum) Value

Leave a comment:

• avargaskun
    replied
    Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
    Are we able to add the values from 2 controls into one widget yet?
    There is a way to create a 'group' widget - the combination of 2+ widgets that display as if it was a single widget. What kind of visual result do you have in mind?

Leave a comment:

• ServiceXp
    replied
    Are we able to add the values from 2 controls into one widget yet?

Leave a comment:

• Corvl1
    replied
    A WAF thingy >feedback: My wife mentioned ( and I noticed as well) that when on the dashboard a button is pressed (I only uses icons, which toggles the switch) there is no confirmation/feedback. The confirmation comes from homeseer when the relays actually toggles, which takes a moment.

What happens is that for example the garage needs to open , the button is pressed , but since it takes a moment for the zwave relais to actually toggle and there is no immediate feedback, she presses it again, where the garage door now only partially opens.

Is it possible in the app to have a kind of feedback, maybe a circle/bloom or vibrate when a button is toggled.

Thanks, Cor

Leave a comment:

• Corvl1
    replied
    avargaskun : thank you , that works well!

Cor

Leave a comment:

Working...
X