HSBuddy & Backup error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBuddy & Backup error

When i run a backup I log this error message? Any ideas how to correct? THANKS!
    In ZipFile, exception opening C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HSBuddy\hsbuddy.db3 : The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\HSBuddy\hsbuddy.db3' because it is being used by another process.

You may have to disable the HSBuddy plugin prior to running the backup.
    -Wade

Comment

That sounds right, since the plugin keeps the connection to the DB open while it's running.

I'm not familiar with backup - ts1234 how are you starting the backup operation? I will try doing so myself to see if I run into the same error.

Comment

HS3 Tools menu/Setup click the backup button. Great and handy plugin. It is the only one that throws this error.

Comment

A plugin that holds open a database file will exhibit this behavior. The ones I run are BLBackup, BLLock, Device History.

To get these files included in the config backup, those plugins need to be shutdown when the backup is run.

As an aside, BLBackup manages to access these files and back them up. Uncertain of the data integrity though.

Comment

Working...
          X