Dashboards feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipeStripe View Post
    I'm having the same issue as khancock per above.

I have several Samsung Galaxy Tab 4's (SM-T530 running Android 5.0.2) that have graced my walls through years of Vera and HS3 with Imperihome (we know that story already).

Attempting to shift to HSBuddy. Connected up fine to my local HS3 server.

However, every time I saved a widget, nothing would show as a result. Export and imported to the other tablet, yet I still had widget-less dashboards that only showing the headings.

I then reimported the failed dashboard into my Samsung Note 10+ (SM-N975F running Android 10).

Every attempt at a widget that I attempted showed up for me. But, I don't plan on mounting my phone to the wall...

avargaskun - is there any plans to have HSBuddy dashboards working on older Android devices?

5.0 is not 'that' old. I'd almost be willing to hunt around for newer 2nd hand tablets if I could guarantee HSBuddy would work on them - but I'm reluctant to move on from the wall mounted SGT4 tablets, because they've been bulletproof for 5+ years on battery power, only plugging them in 5-6 times a year.

Also, FWIW Cameras added via BlueIris are recognised but don't work. They just have broken icons both on the device and when opened.

Comment

Just switched from imperihome and loving HSBuddy,

Apologies if it has been posted before but please consider the following suggestions.
      • Enable slide left/right between the dashboards.
      • Enable more screen real estate in the dashboard. Do we need that 3 line dial? Also, the yellow arrow can we save some real estate in that section?
        Not sure about everyone else but if I could fit x3 sections in that row where I could have the controls for the Garage Door, Driveway Gate & Walkway Gate in one row.
      • Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-10-13_15-50-46.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1425784
      Great app and love the upload dashboard feature!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
        @avargaskun

Didnt see on the roadmap... any plans to allow users to manually edit config files (like on a PC)? Would make creating large and complex dashboards much easier/faster. thx
        +1

Comment

Hi , I am looking for a replacement for Imperihome as well and just installed HSbuddy. Before I can make the jump may I also make some suggestions;

-Someone already mentioned a confirmation tap/ or pin-code: Meaning , clicking a widget on the dashboard will only be actioned when confirmed or when a pincode is inserted (I use this a lot, for example for the garagedoor , heating system, entrance door etc.)
          -For users (kids/guest/ walltablets) only acces to (specific) dashboards and not the whole device list/events/ etc.
          -most of my devices in imperihome don't have controll buttons , just the icon. When the icon is clicked the device is toggled and you see the icon change , for example a lightbulb from white to yellow. or for my heating system a blue radiator vs a red radiator.

you think this can be implemented?

Thanks for this awesome app!
          Cor

Comment

Is there a dashboard 101 write up?

im seeing folks creating fantastic dashboards (exactly what I’m looking to do) but can’t figure out how to do this. I’m want to start on an iPhone version as a poc and then will move to an iPad as the primary

Comment

Stumbled upon HSBuddy a few weeks ago and decided to start tinkering today. Excellent app so far!

I would like to be able to hide groups. I have my Christmas light controls on a sunset event that controls other lights, however, I want to be able to have a quick info status of the devices. Being able to hide a group from the dashboard could allow me to only see it during the Christmas season when the lights are being controlled.

Comment

Hi everyone. I had to tend to personal matters these past few months. I'm finally logging back into the forum this weekend and will be slowly catching up with the posts on the thread. Thank you for taking time to write the reports and feedback on the app.

Comment

I have been having a few issues with the dashboard, it seems to be after updating the iPad to iOS 14. The icons are not refreshing with a change in values, the widget is just blank. If I close and reopen the app or clear cache, its okay until the next value change. The devices and favorites page are working fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Comment

Originally posted by Walnut View Post
                    I have been having a few issues with the dashboard, it seems to be after updating the iPad to iOS 14. The icons are not refreshing with a change in values, the widget is just blank. If I close and reopen the app or clear cache, its okay until the next value change. The devices and favorites page are working fine. Anyone else experienced this?
                    I only experience wrong status of devices if I reboot HS4 - so I try my best to remember to force quit HSBuddy on my kitchen's iPad after I have restarted HS. I haven't experienced this without a reboot. That said, I run the HSBuddy app without the HSBuddy plugin due to significant problems it causes me so maybe running that adds a complication I don't face?

Comment

Originally posted by Envirogreen View Post
                      Is there a dashboard 101 write up?

im seeing folks creating fantastic dashboards (exactly what I’m looking to do) but can’t figure out how to do this. I’m want to start on an iPhone version as a poc and then will move to an iPad as the primary
                      I've put together an intro guide about Dashboards and Widgets. Hopefully these will be helpful.

Comment

Thanks for a great app, finaly found something I can move on to from Imperihome.

A few feature requests:
                        - Last change time as possible value to showfor widgets, (Enable with checkbox in the list of shoq, value, show name, etc.)
                        - Additional text field to be enabled that can include replacement variable from another device: for instance: "$$DVR:1007: & "watt." Could get show the current watt level for a light.
                        - Run an event as one of the possibility for device actions, click and hold could for instance run an event I have created that is related to the deveice.

As mentioned by others:
                        - If you could sort out the click and hold on android devices, this is really difficult on my Samsung Galaxy S10.
                        - Night mode

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                          - Last change time as possible value to showfor widgets, (Enable with checkbox in the list of shoq, value, show name, etc.)
                          There is a "History" widget you can add for any type of object - but it shows a minimum of several entries and takes a lot of space compared to the far more compact single-line version you propose. I like your idea - I would use it for my front door lock and rainfall readings.

Comment

Thank you for all the ideas. I've updated the to-do list accordingly.

Just a quick note for those followingthis thread, version 1.0.48 of the app is released with a couple updates to dashboards:
                            • Dashboard editor now has different modes between select/edit and move/resize. This should make it easier to edit dashboards.
                            • Widget groups weren't working as expected when multiple groups of different sizes were added to the same dashboard. That's now fixed.
                            • New widget for toggling a dashboard in and out of full screen mode. Also added support to automatically launch a dashboard in full screen at startup or from a shortcut.
                            Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by avargaskun View Post
                              Thank you for all the ideas. I've updated the to-do list accordingly.

Just a quick note for those followingthis thread, version 1.0.48 of the app is released with a couple updates to dashboards:
                              • Dashboard editor now has different modes between select/edit and move/resize. This should make it easier to edit dashboards.
                              • Widget groups weren't working as expected when multiple groups of different sizes were added to the same dashboard. That's now fixed.
                              • New widget for toggling a dashboard in and out of full screen mode. Also added support to automatically launch a dashboard in full screen at startup or from a shortcut.
                              Cheers!
                              Avargaskun -

Thanks for all your work on this, truly an impressive app.

Working on my first dashboard - using my phone to build this (Android, Galaxy S10+). Have read through your guides. I cannot resize the devices/cameras. When I configure them, they work fine. On the "Add" screen, I can adjust the size .... but when I save it doesn't retain the size.

Also, unable to drag the devices to other locations on the dashboard. Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks!

Comment

A widget to either display an image or HTML (both on HS server and given a URL) would be welcome. This would enable to display charts, traffic, etc

Also when displaying dashboards on an iPad in landscape mode that were created on the iPhone display and uploaded, they are very narrow, cutting off part of the width of the widget.

Comment

Working...
                                X